« 1 »

"No stop it!" I begged my best friend as he kept on tickling me.

"I'll only stop when you agree to help me." Juho replied with a smirk.

"Fine! F-fine!!— I'll help you. " I said between laughter. "Okay then. " he replied with a satisfied smirk as the horrendous tickling had stopped. "So can we start now?" Juho asked eagerly.

Oh—! I haven't introduced myself yet. Ahem— So I'm Taeyoon of class 5, official matchmaker of high. I've been in the matchmaking business for as long as I can remember.

In 5th grade, I was really into anime and got to know the terms such as "shipping" and "cannon". As the weeb I was, I wanted to "ship" my friends. So one day, I suggested my current best friend at the time to ask one of my gal friends out. It was a bit awkward as I literally forced them to be together for as much as they could.

But as they got closer they seemed to hang out more often by their own terms. And from what I know, they're still together to this day— and that's where it started.

I started shipping more of my friends together, seeing what would happen. But as I gradually saw the success in my all my friends relationships, they had soon been calling me names like "Cupid" or "The Ultimate Matchmaker".

And so here I am, yet again, trying to match my best friend so that he has a valentine this year. But to be honest, Juho's hopeless.

"Sure why not" I sighed as I grabbed Juho's arm "But we have classes to go to. We don't wanna be late!"

"Ughhhh you're such a goody two shoes. You should have fun once in a while"

"I do have fun." I replied as I opened the doors to our classroom. "Your version of fun is reading books in the library and solving math problems." Juho rolled his eyes. "You should try and have REAL fun like going to parties or at least play games like LOL or Overwatch you party pooper." he whined,

a/n :
okay so i know this chapter ended off really awkwardly but i just wanted to publish this bc i wanted to publish this book for a while but never had the chance to finish the first chapter lmao

if you guys don't mind, i'd like to see your reactions to the chapter so far. i welcome all criticism lol

but regardless of the positive or negative responses, i will be continuing this book and updating this chapter.