Love and Soulmates

This subject came up a few times with a friend from church. Go figure we are talking about that One person that God has created just for us. How do we know it's them? How do we even know we are ready? He doesn't believe in soulmates, but I believe that because it's God we are talking about, He made our soulmate when and where we would need them to be.

Im a woman, looking for a God-fearing, righteous man. I know, that as I am I'm not ready for him. I can hardly keep my focus on God let alone on anything else for much longer than 5-10 minutes. How could I keep enough focus on my to-be love-of-my-life if I can't even focus on the one who created me?

I know some will not like what I write. I don't really care. This is who I am and true love doesn't care about the little things like this.

In 1Corinthians 13:4-12 it talks about what love, true love is. It says in the message version:

If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, Doesn't have a swelled head, Doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always "me first," Doesn't fly off the handle, Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, Doesn't revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.

8-10 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

11 When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.

12 We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

This is what it means to love. But we should love everyone like that right? Of course! But there will be one person who will understand you when you don't always love them in that way, the person who will pray for you and console you when you need it most and also tell you when change needs to happen because obviously, your not doing something right and your going in circles.

Not only will they be there for you, but you will have to be there for them. This is why I know i am not ready. Because I still haven't gotten to the point where I have taken my focus OFF of me and focused in on other people and their sufferings. When I loose focus on the people around me, i loose the heart of God. When I loose the heart of God for too long, I get lost and have a hard time finding my way back to Him and all he has for me.

Now the discussion I had with my friend from church, the discussion we had was he doesn't believe in soulmates because he doesn't see how there can only be one person and only one chance to have that kind of love stated above. I believe that when we are in the right place, God will provide for us the 'perfect' person for each of us. That is our soulmate.

Its not one specific person like, "Your soulmate is Carson. You know him but your not ready." No, I believe that who we desire in our hearts', from looks to personality to even his/her name, that God has created a person just like that to be our soulmate.

My ideal man is

5'7", 175lbs,

crazy colored hair,

a few tattoos that have meaning behind everyone of them,

green eyes,

tan skin,

makes me laugh at everything

but everything he cute or generous or selfless thing he does makes me fall in love with him.

He is easy to get along with and we start off as friends.

There will be no sexual attraction to him at all

and his name will NOT be Richard.

I have a dad, an ex-boyfriend, and a church friend all named Richard and I am not adding another to the list. He will not be American white (nothing against them except they usually brown like lobsters) and very little Filipino (i am part Filipino, but i work with Filipinos who come from the Philippines and most don't like me.

He is my soulmate and when I am ready, God will put him into my life.