Sesshomaru's litte brother

And their father is alive. Enjoy!

Written by _Animie_lover_

Edited by me!

Many curious thoughts ran through the little hanyou's mind as he watched his older brother and father spar with one another in the castle gardens. Although only three years of age, Inuyasha was smart enough to know he was different from the others. He was reminded of it everyday when he had his lessons with the other demon children that lived in the palace. But the reasons as to why he was unique wasn't familiar to him.

Lord Taisho slung his sword roughly down upon his elder son's blade. "You're getting to slow my son. Any reasons as to why you wish to lose your head?"

"Of course not!" Sesshomaru pushed the larger blade back jumping back to gain some distance between himself and the king.

Today was Sesshomaru's evaluation on his sword usage. As always he proved to quite skilled in the use of his tool. Just as graceful and agile as his father. "Perhaps it is you who is getting slow in his old age." The crafty son flew forward, clashing his steely staff with his lord and father.

"Ha you foolish boy! Do not think that you can outdo me based on my age. With age comes wisdom!"

"Yes and with youth," Sesshomaru broke InuTaisho's sword in half with the sudden connection of his own blade crashing downward. "Comes strength."

Looking at his shattered sword, Lord InuTaisho roared with laughter his first born. "My son you truly are your king's pup." He clapped a hand proudly on Sesshomaru's shoulder.

Sesshomaru's chest swelled with an arrogant air of pride at the praise of being a worthy prince. He was used to such high expectations so he inhaled each comment, like the stuck up prince he was.

Looking at the broken sword, the king shrugged his shoulders and tossed it away. Now that the training was over it was time to spend some quality time with his other pup, whom he noticed has been unusually quiet this afternoon. The inu lord's eyes sort out his son to see him sitting quietly on a tree stump, studying the grass. Very peculiar. "Sesshomaru?"

"Yes Father?"

"Tell me." He began softly. "What is wrong with your brother?"

Sesshomaru glanced over toward his sibling's direction taking note of his downcast head and saggy ears. How strange to see the puppy so saddened. His normally perky attitude was always Sesshomaru and InuTaisho's sunshine to brighten the day. But now seeing his gloomy expression...it made him worry. "Perhaps the boy just needs some attention."

"An excellent idea my son."

Nodding his agreement, stepping forward, Sesshomaru took the lend toward his baby brother, but a hand was placed on his shoulder halting his mission. He looked at the hand then at the owner of it, curiously. "Father what are you doing?"

InuTaisho shook his head at the younger daiyoukai. "I shall give the first hug, my son. You wait for the second."

Now Sesshomaru was convinced that his lord had lost his mind. "Surely you jest Father. It is I who will give the boy's first embrace."

"Do not argue with your father Sesshomaru. Now be a good pup and wait your turn." Insisted the elder demon, slowly losing his patience.

"I will do no such thing." Sesshomaru smacked the hand away from his shoulder. "As I said I will go first...Bothersome old hound." He mumbled walking away.

Suddenly Inu prince felt a strong tug at the scruff of his kimono hoisting him about five feet into the air like a unruly puppy. He turned his head the best he could to glare at his father. "How dare you treat me in such a manner. Release me this instant!"