1

d.s

daniel had to come out of his room.

god, he didn't want to, but they were recording a new music video today, which meant he had to be present.

he dragged himself out of his room after getting ready. he covered the bags under his eyes with makeup and he tried to look as happy as possible. anyone could see through it, though. his blue eyes didn't have that special sparkle, not like they used to.

all eyes were fixed on him as he stepped off the stairs. "hi."

no one spoke at first, and daniel looked at each one of them individually. zach wasn't even looking back at him, too focused on his hands. zach never looked up anymore and daniel had realized that. he wondered why.

corbyn was looking at him in a way he'd never seen before. it was almost fondly, his beautiful blue eyes big with adoration. it couldn't be love though, maybe the friendly kind, but not the kind daniel wanted.

next was jack, who's eyes screamed sadness. daniel quickly looked away, his gaze too much to bare. jonah was smiling at him like nothing was wrong, because that's just who jonah was. he only saw the good.

"hey." corbyn decided to speak up, taking a step forward. daniel wanted to go back up the steps in that moment. he didn't want to do anything today.

jonah cleared his throat. "the car is outside. we should get going."

"right." jack bit his lip. daniel watched as he walked toward the front door, jonah and zach trailing him.

corbyn held his hand out, "you coming?"

"unfortunately." daniel mumbled under his breath. he pushed past corbyn, ignoring the blonds thoughtful hand. he didn't want it.

he piled into the car, sitting in the back corner. that's where he always sat, and it never changed. except this time, jack slid next to him instead of jonah.

"what are you doing? that's jonah's seat." daniel raised his eyebrows, pushing himself deeper into the corner. he wanted to go home.

jack buckled his seatbelt. "he said i could sit here. is that a problem?"

daniel huffed and shook his head, turning his eyes to the window. nature was an outlet.

"i'm worried about you." jack stated, honesty pure in his voice. "i'm scared for you-"

"you don't need to be." daniel said coldly. his jaw stiffened. "i'm okay."

"you're not-"

"i'm okay! drop it!" daniel seethed. the rest of the band looked at him concerned. "all of you drop it! stop looking at me like i'm some basket case, because i'm not! i'm okay!"

"daniel." corbyn turned around, placing a hand on daniel's thigh. his leg started to go numb, like his blood supply was cut off. "breathe."

daniel did what he was told, inhaling and exhaling smoothly. he felt a little better, but it was nothing compared to the feeling of corbyns hand on his leg.

"please take your hand off." daniel said shakily. corbyn gave him a confused look before removing his hand steadily, turning back around in his seat. the car stopped, signaling that they were at their destination. 

the boys piled out of the car, where their manager handed them black bags. daniel figured it was an outfit.

they followed their crew into the building, daniel anxious. it was one of the first videos they were filming and he didn't know what to expect. they knocked on a door and suddenly, a blond appeared.

"hey! it's my boys!" logan paul yelled. smiles appeared on all the boy's faces, and even daniel cracked a grin. logan paul was a youtube sensation, and taking the opportunity to work with him would be good for the boys. at least, daniel hoped it would.

logan led them into a separate room, where they were instructed to change. daniel didn't want to change in front of the other boys, because he was skinny and gross and hadn't eaten in days. he hadn't done anything for himself in days.

however, he didn't say anything about his uncomfortableness and pulled the clothing out of the bag, seeing a black suit. he looked around the room, seeing corbyn shirtless and daniel hissed, looking away. it was weird to stare at his friend shirtless.

daniel faced the corner and peeled off his own shirt, hiding his body from the others. he quickly slipped on the white button down and changed his pants, feeling like someone was looking at him. he looked over his shoulder, seeing corbyn gazing at him with a sad smile on his face.

they met eyes and corbyn looked away, face going red. daniel wanted to cry.

"ready, boys? this is gonna be sick!" logan yelled, coming into the room. they all cheered and nodded their heads except for daniel, who was actually feeling sick. he didn't want to be here.

he wasn't ready.

thank you for 200 reads already! that's crazy, since we haven't even started yet!!

till next chapter,

jil xx