Prologue

I look out the window of my dad's car as we head into our new town. I've been to this town before so I know where to go and all, except we are going to a part of the town that I have never scanned before. I sat in the back with my mother asleep in the front passenger. I scan her to make sure if she needs anything, considering her pregnancy. She was claimed and confirmed pregnant two weeks before we moved, and I had no idea what that was or how to react to it. Now that I have full knowledge of it, I VOWED to take care of her. The scan was complete and I saw the little girl in her womb. Perfectly healthy, aside from her incorrect position. I sigh and smile. Just thinking of my soon-to-be-born little sister made me feel more secure. I look at my dad and saw his tired face. While I really never experience tiredness during the middle of the day, I felt my battery go down a little. "Dad," I called him. He looked up a little and answered with a British "Hm?". "I can drive the rest of the way if you want me to," I reply. He nodded after a minute and pulled the car over. Mom must've felt it because she jolted like she saw a ghost. "WHAT'S WRONG?!" She panicked. "Mom, it's alright," I reply calmly as soon as I sit in the driver's seat. I put my hand on her shoulder. "I'm only trading places with Dad so he can sleep. I'll be driving the rest of the way, okay?" She panted a little, but nodded. I kissed her cheek and scanned her baby again. After a minute I tell her. "Abby is fine, by the way. She's just in the wrong position, but she'll correct it soon before you're due." She nods. "Do you want anything?" I ask. "Yeah, I am getting a little hungry..." She replies. I nod. "There is a McDonald's nearby. Want that?" She nods. "Alright," I say. "Just sit tight until we get there and you can eat something." I drive for three miles until I show up at the McDonald's. We got what we wanted and headed back on the road.

We manage to reach the bottom of the hill the Beauty sat on. The driveway was luxurious but old as hell.  We got to the top after some twists and turns, and I parked the car. I look at the house as we all got out. It was a modern white and brown house, like a Woodland mansion, without so many damned rooms. It took us two hours to unpack as my mother got some things but took frequent breaks. I set up my room, which was the attic, like the way I had it before. I go downstairs and past the blacksmith area to the living room and grab my food from McDonald's. Dad was awake and Mom was eating. "Honey did you ask TNT about Jarod's job?" Mom asked Dad. "Yup," he replied. "He's hired as the main MAIN security guard of the Tube Hero Garage." Mom smiles. "Think you can handle that, Jarod?" She asked me. I give her a look that told her the obvious answer as I ate. She giggles and took a bite of her burger. "When do I start, though?" I asked. "Up to you," Mom replied. "Tomorrow or sometime this week." I nod once as I ate. I remember when we planned on moving here. The packing took too fucking long, and the abuse from the gangs from my old town had gotten worse. I was tired of being beaten just for being who I was. Nearly dying from loss of blood, breath, and control. That vivid memory of myself doing my very first kill still haunts me to this very day. But I know I should move on from the past and focus on the other half of my adventures.

But what I never knew that would happen did so happen three years later after we moved here...