Five days

Knock.

I turned over and stuffed my head into my pillow.

Knock knock.

"Go away!"

Knock knock knock.

I groaned and rubbed my eyelids. Then I sat up and threw my pillow at my door.

Checking my black leather watch, I saw that it was 8:03 in the morning. That meant that everyone at camp would wake soon. I got up and walked over to my dresser. I grabbed a pair of black jeans and my leather jacket. Then I eyed the bright orange t-shirt that was the camp shirt. I am Nico Di' Angelo, I thought. I don't wear such bright colors. But after rolling my eyes, I still grabbed it. I threw it on and covered it with my usual leather jacket. Then I pulled on my black jeans and sheathed my Stygian iron sword. I checked my watch again. 8:09 o'clock.

Then I walked to the door of my cabin and walked outside. "Ugh sun!" I yelped, walking into the bright light. An arm hooked through mine during my temporary blindness. "Hello my vampire friend." Ugh. Percy. "I'm not a vampire," I grumbled, taking my arm away from his. "Someone's grumpy this morning," he said.

"Shut up."

"Thanks sunshine."

"Don't call me that. I'm darkness."

Percy snorted. "Yeah okay, mister death boy." I stoped and faced him. "I have to get to archery class, leave me Seaweed brain." He shook his head, making his messy black hair flop into his green eyes. "Only Annabeth can call me that," he warned. I raised an eyebrow. "Then don't call me sunshine," I ordered.

And with that, I left to my archery class. I usually hated that class most of all my others but today I was glad for it. Percy was like a guenia pig (haha PJO pun), which meant he needed social interaction and was extremely hyperactive. I walked into the pavilion where the bows and arrows were. I grabbed a black set (naturally) with a skinny, leather quiver and walked into the field. There, in a one long row, were almost fifty targets.

As I nocked an arrow and prepared to shoot, Will Solace walked over to China Macfer, who was right next to me. Solace was the Apollo cabin counselor. He was also the teacher of this class. And insanely annoying. He was always peppy and smiling and just-just-unbearable.

I locked my gaze back onto the target and let the arrow fly. It went right past it.

Talent.
-------------------

Clash! My sword collided with Dan's. It scraped down along his and then I pulled it back. We were dueling and I was using a camp sword because mine was so dangerous. I jabbed at him but he knocked my sword out of its way and it missed its mark. The sword felt heavy and unbalanced in my hand as I raised it back up and swung hard. He smacked it again and I missed. Out of the corner of my eye I saw glinting metal. Then I crumpled as Dan's sword connected with my face. I blinked and the world started to go double. I could see two Dan's leaning over me. Then the light swirled and shrunk to a dot, before vanishing completely.

-------------------

I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't seem to. It was as if they were being pulled down. I tried to raise my arm but it was moving through water, sluggish and heavy. Then I heard a voice. His voice.

Will Solace. "Hey Nico. Here's some ambrosia. That was quite a scare you gave me. Slowly, I opened my eyes. There he was, grimacing above me with his hand out. I grabbed a small slice of ambrosia, the food of he gods, and took a bite.

"Sit up," Will demanded. "So," he said as I sat up. "You've been shadow traveling a lot?" My lips parted in surprise. "Uh, no...." I lied. Technically I wasn't supposed to use the power I got from my dad, Hades, that allowed me to travel by shadow. It was 'unsafe.' Will gave me a deadpan look. "Nico, You're weak. I'm a son of Apollo, so I always know what's hurting my patients."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah alright whatever, I was. It's the power I was given. If you can use yours, I can use mine." Will's brows furrowed. "It's hurting you, can't you see that?" He said. I rolled my eyes again. "I'm fine," I snapped. I was about to lift myself out of bed but Will planted a hand on my chest. "Five days. That's all I need. Five days in the infirmary and you'll actually be fine."

I stared at him.

He stared back.

"Alright," I gave in, "five days."