Bonding

"And since then, it's just been me, my mate, and Kopa." Akina smiled to Vitani who listened to the story. "Wow.. So I was right.. I had always been in denial of his death.." Vitani got up. "Thank you. You really didn't had to help me." Vitani smiled. "Oh it's no big-" There was a loud snort from an impala. "The boys should be back soon." Akina lay down and got comfortable. "My favourite nights when I don't have to hunt." She sighed of comfort. "So what happened to you?" Akina inquired.

"It's quite a story I can say." Vitani tried to laugh it off but her eyes widened and she shuddered at the memory. "Well.. My crazy mother was having a war against-" She froze in the middle of her sentence. Kopa would be outraged. "Against Pride Rock.. I guess I was so blind after she manipulated me. I was in a fight with.. Kopa's mother.. And that's kind of how it happened." She was looking around wide eyed praying Kopa couldn't hear her. She jumped and she turned into a puffer fish when she heard soft growls. "Ugh, they're doing that again?" Akina groaned and got up.

Vitani walked behind Akina, but she more or less shuffled instead. When the pair of lionesses crossed a patch of trees and saw Kopa and Mheetu having a tug-of-war with a deer. "Boys! We talked about this!" Akina snapped at the lions playing with their food. They both rolled their eyes and dropped the carcass. "You're no fun.." Kopa mumbled. "If only you didn't growl.." Mheetu glanced at Kopa. Akina glared at them, silencing them and forcing their heads down in submission.

Kopa carried the corpse and followed the group. Vitani had slowed down, instead making the small crowd into a line. Akina, Mheetu, Kopa, and finally Vitani at the back. She watched Kopa, and smiled. Her thoughts raced and her heartbeat increased.

"Oh look at him carrying that deer.. He could take care of us after hunting so fast."

"He'll totally be the father of my cubs.."

"He looks so cute when he walks."

"Oh! And he's still playful as an adult! He'd be the best dad.."

She began to smile wider and tune out reality until she heard a loud "Children!" Snapping her and Kopa back into reality. "Oh, um yeah?" Kopa chuckled a bit from his previous thoughts and dropped their food-

"The fell off a cliff and survived, she's alive for a reason."

"Maybe our reunion was destiny."

"We're so intended. Just look at her eyes, this lighting is amazing."

" What do you mean what? You kept walking after we settled down!" Mheetu blinked in confusion. Was his nephew going mad? "Oh I guess I um.. Lost track of time." Kopa hesitated. "Time? It's been thirty seconds of walking, what's gotten into you?" Akina shook her head but giggled a bit knowing he was day dreaming. "Uhhhhhh-I have to pee." Kopa hopped away with his tail between his legs in embarrassment.

"He was thinking of us! We're intended!"

"Of course he was, ugh! We're so desirable!"

"I'm in loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

She giggled a little bit, "What? These kids are?-" Mheetu tried to make a sarcastic comment. "They're in love!" Akina giggled in his ear. "I'll be back." Vitani smiled, stepping away from the couple. The deeper into the wooded area she got the more she heard mumbling. She started to get an odd feeling when she spotted the former prince. She was excited to be in his presence, nervous, but most of all, afraid that he'll see right through her and find out what happened at the war.

"Kopa?" She pretended to quietly call from behind. He looked back at her, he stared back at her. "Uh, oh well hey." His brain slapped itself. "Hi." She greeted, a part of her was confused why on earth her was the nervous one since she ran the risk of killing his mother that he loved dearly. Kopa dismissed hi previous thoughts and sat down. "What's happened at the pride lands after I was gone?" She saw in his eyes, a hurt cub that missed his family. She sat with him, mimicking how he looked out into the distance. "I don't know much Kopa.." She sighed, still ashamed of her actions.

"But you live there." He looked at her, triggering an identical reaction. "Kopa, after Simba found out that my mom killed you he banished her, me, Kovu, and half the pride that followed us.." His jaw dropped. "But-but.. What about life for you?" He desperately wanted answers. "In the outlands there was hardly any food or water around.. Kovu was the priority. He was a loaded gun, Zira was raising him to kill your parents and take over the pride. After I got a bit older, she made me spy on the pride lands. Kopa, I didn't know what I was doing. She manipulated me." She used her last sentence to gain forgiveness in case he got mad. "What do you know? Tell me everything!" He grew tense.

"Everything went back to normal after a while, your parents tried their best to raise Kiara but after what happened to you your dad started to limit her.. And well.. Eventually Kiara's relationship with her father was buried under their paws. I heard your father start to plan and arrange her to become the mate of Auni shortly before Kovu showed up." She started to hesitate. "Are my parents still alive, and well?" Her eyes zoomed into his lips as he said "Alive and well" She paused. "Your mother was alive an well when I last saw her.. Alive and more than well. She was a bomb out there. Your dad.. Well.. He was alive.. Injured. I don't know how he is now." Vitani felt huge bricks off her chest, but the heaviest stayed on her. She couldn't confess who's blood spilled on her paws.

"As long as they're alive.. Thank you." He looked away. She was stunned, he thanked her for spying on his family for months. "We have to go look for them! It's my chance to see them again!" Kopa's calm demeanor had vanished. "Kopa-" "Oh! Thank you! It was because of you! This is destiny!" He interrupted. She had forgotten her previous statement and made deep eye contact with him. "And you.. You-..." He paused and they both began to nuzzle. It was their first silent 'I love you'

Sorry it wasn't the most 'romantic' moment, but it's my first time writing in an 'I love you' moment like this, I didn't want to make it a whole thing where birds flutter around them. (Been there, done that in another fanfic.)