14

Eleven p.o.v
Mike is so confusing. He said he loves me, but he is still with Isabella. He defended the "love" that we had but yet was that way that walked away. He is acting like I broke up with him even though he broke up with me. He gets jealous even though he supposedly likes Isabella.
What is wrong with him?
"Hey is just weird" Max said.
"Well that doesn't help!" I sighted.
"Well maybe he is scared of love. Liking someone" Max said.
"Why?" I asked.
"Well his parents have been fighting for a year now. Neither of them want to file up a divorce. His mom just married for money. He has never seen what Love is. Maybe he is scare lad to end up like them. I know I was. When my parents were together is wasn't bad, but my mom didn't like him anymore and now she is married to an asshole. But it took me a long time to realize that everybody is different, and that the same thing won't happen to me" Max said.
"So he pushed me away because he cares?" I asked.
"Well if what I'm saying is true. Yes. Because he didn't want you guys to end up like his parents.Miserable. Maybe he wanted something better for you. He didn't want you hating him after a while. I don't know El. I don't read minds. But his family is pretty screwed up" Max said.
"I guess they are" I said.
"Just talk to him" Max said.
"but I'm always the one chasing" I said.
"You are not chasing. You want things cleared up" Max said.
"What if he doesn't care?" I asked.
"We should test that out?" Max said.
"How are we—" I began before being forcefully pushed to the side, tripping over a rock, and falling down the stairs.
"EL!!!" I heard a familiar voice scream but I was too focused on my throbbing head to recognize the voice.
"El" I heard the voice over my head.
"Yeah I'm fine" I said rubbing my head.
"Here let me see" the voice said kneeling down and removing my hand. it was Mike. oh–OH. IT WAS MIKE!
"Your head is not bleeding" Mike said in relief.
"I'm okay" I whispered.
"Are you sure?" He asked rubbing my head with his thumbs.
"I'm sure" I said looking at him.
"Can you get up?" He asked.
"Yeah" I said holding onto his arm for support
"El your knees and arms" he mention inspecting me.
"It's fine"I said.
"Let me take you to the nurse"  he said.
"El, I'm so sorry" Max rushed
"Are you?" I asked.
"I didn't know you would trip." She said looking guiltily.
"You didn't mean it, it's okay" I said.
"Here let me take you" Max said
"No it's okay I'll take her" Mike said.
"Well at least you got your answer" Max said smiling.
"Let's go" Mike said pulling me along
"Mikey, where are you going?"Isabella asked.
"I'm taking her to the nurse" he said.
"Can't her friends take her?" She said jealously.
"That's what I'm doing" he said.
"Her friends" she repeated obliviously.
"I am her friend" he said.
"You don't have to" I whispered
"But I want to" he whispered back.
"Let her boyfriend Josh take her" she whine and Mike's grip on my arm tighten.
"Like I said I'll take her" he said.
"Mike my arm" I said whining.
"Sorry" He said loosening his grip.
"Are your parents the reason why we didn't work?" I asked suddenly.
"What?" He asked shocked by suddenness.
"Because your parents are so messed up" I said.
"Excuse me?" He said.
"They fight all the time, always screaming and saying mean things to each other. You didn't want that for us?" I asked.
"I don't know what you're talking about" he said. His face was suddenly serious.
"Don't lie to me. Friends don't lie" I said.
"Well we aren't friends" he said angrily.
"Mike, maybe I should go alone" I whispered.
"I'm not good for you El" Mike whispered.
"How?" I said.
"I'm just not. I'll rather let you go then you hating me" he said.
"Why would I hate you?" I said.
"Because that's what Love does. First you fall in love and then you can't stand each other until you guys completely hate one another. I love you too much to do that to you, to even think that I will hate you hurts me" he said.
"But you are not your parents. Their story is different then yours. You can write your own with a different ending" I whispered grabbing his face in my hands.
"But what if I can't?" He whispered a few tears ran down his cheeks.
"Then we will figure it out somehow. You and I both. Mike and Eleven" I said.
"But what if we end up hating each other?" Mike said.
"We won't" I said confidently.
"How do you know?" He asked.
"Because yo tried pushing me away and it only brought us closer" I said
"You know how hard it was for me to let you go? To see your eyes. See how I broke your heart with every word I said? I wasn't suppose to talk to you, to see you, to be near you. But I just couldn't do it. I couldn't stop caring about you. Every time I'm near you I can't help but feel like kissing you, to hug you. It was to damn hard to look into your eyes and not fall in love all over again." He said as more tears ran down his face. I wiped his face with my hands.
"I'm here and I'm not going anywhere" I said.
"I—" he began But was interrupted by my lips crashing into his. His soft lips against my own reminded me of the Snowball. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. He kissed me softly and tenderly.
"I love you too" I finished the sentence that I so rudely interrupted.
He chuckled.
"That was better then words could express" he said as he lea his head against mine.
Hey guys. Hope you like the chapter! Please comment and vote