𝐌𝐲 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫

•1•

1•

          Waking up was always the worst part of Becca's day. It always led to a mindless morning routine. Which for her at least takes an unnecessary amount of time to complete. First, finding an outfit. She rummaged through her clothes, all neatly  organized by color in her closet, creating countless of wrinkles in the smooth, warm, silky, and soft fabrics. Letting out a defeated sigh the blonde decided to go to school in the classic, and sometimes aggravating--and blinding--, Mighty Shrimp colors. Colors she disliked being seen in outside of her school. However, they seemed appropriate for the first day of school.

          Second step, makeup.

          Bucky, Becca's brother, with his annoying holier than though attitude and tone of voice, never once forgot to remind Becca of how dark the circles under her eyes are. She hastily made her way to the bathroom--what used to be the guest bathroom--with an outfit in hand, making sure to close and lock the door behind her. After washing her face, and applying the extensive amount of products to her skin--gifted to the girl by no other than Bucky himself--. Glancing at the mirror in front of her, she gave in to Bucky's harsh advice, and put on concealer to mask the dark circles left from lack of sleep due to first day jitters.

          Exhaling quite loudly, the girl stared at the reflection before her. Becca chuckled. she found it funny how easily that imperfection could disappear. The younger of the siblings swore to herself she'd never tell Bucky about how grateful she was for the tip.

          A harsh couple of bangs against the white painted door startled the teen, causing her to drop the toothbrush she now held in her hand, and almost choke on the peppermint substance in her mouth.

          "Becky if you don't get your butt in the car in ten minutes I'm leaving without you!"

          Becca spit out the toothpaste and cringed at the poor aiming that had taken place--the mirror was not only decorated with fingerprints and smudges, but now small specks of toothpaste--and rinsed her mouth with water before responding. "Alright, alright! Just give me a second!" She shouted back, rolling her eyes and letting out a groan as the girl's brother mumbled angrily before retreating to his very pink van. Now with a deadline for when she should be out the door she quickly put everything back where they came from. Straightening out her top and combing her fingers through her soft--well conditioned--hair, the girl gave herself a silent pep talk, hands clasped together as if she were talking to God and not herself, before reaching for the door handle.

          My contacts.

          Catching herself mid action, Becca swore under her breath, hearing her brother's continuous honking of his van's horn. How did I almost forget? Pushing this error off as a sign of sleep deprivation, the blonde agreed to go to bed earlier tonight before moving onto what could be her least favorite step in her morning routine.