Chapter 16

A/N
Please read the authors note at the end, it has some important information of upcoming books and chapters to this book.

Adriens phone started to ring and I jumped at the loud volume of his ringer as his phone went off and he sighed picking up the loud device and answered his phone, from what I could tell, it was one of Adriens parents telling him to do something this was all taken from the look on his face, I felt like he was an open book to me, I hardly knew anything about my own boyfriend yet I could read his expressions like they were just pages in a book.

"That was my father, I have to go to a photoshoot after school is over." I frown and Adrien looks at me with sympathy in his eyes and Alya and Nino look at each other then at me Alya looks like she has an idea, I can tell from a small sparkle I could see in her eyes.

"Since Adrien can't be at your house after school Marinette, why don't I come over? I don't have to babysit my sister's after school so I should be free to come over." Nino nodded his head in agreement, I smiled and nodded my head, our food was brought out shortly after the mood had lightened again and the 3 of them had begun to tell jokes but I couldn't really understand them because they were about times where I was clumsy, or times we'd shared as a group but I couldn't remember those times so I just sat there straight faced.

"Marinette are you alright?" I nodded in response and they went back to their conversation and I stood up going to the restroom and locked myself in a stall.

I felt like such an outsider, I couldn't remember a thing they were talking about, it hurt to know I lost all these memories but there is nothing I could do about it, the doctors say my memories are unable to be retrieved from surgery, but hearing memories of my past with my friends wasn't helping, it was just hurting me more. I wanted to go home, remove myself from the situation, I didn't want to be hurt anymore.

"Marinette?" I heard Alyas voice in the bathroom I hadn't realized I'd been crying Adrien had probably asked Alya to come in here to check on me, my thoughts had probably run wild taking more time than intended to process everything.

"Y-Yeah?" My voice stuttered and shook, I had been crying there was no avoiding that my voice would take effect from it, and my sniffling was clearly heard throughout the bathroom corridor.

"Marinette are you crying? Was it something we said? I'm sorry if it was. We didn't intend to hurt you." I unlocked the door and hugged Alya tightly she probably knew exactly what was going though my head, she is my best friend after all.

"I-I feel like an outsider, I don't know anything, I can't find a single word to get in and I just feel like I don't belong." Alya rubbed my back and let me sob onto her shoulder till we heard Nino's voice outside the door saying that food arrived I quickly wash and dry my face and then we go back out to our boyfriend's and I eat in silence listening to them tell their stories.

"Guys I think we're making Marinette feel left out." Alya mentioned and I looked up quickly and I noticed they were all staring at me and Adrien held a sympathetic look on his face I frowned and looked back at my food.

"I'm alright, you 3 can keep talking I don't mind." I didn't want to make them feel bad, especially Adrien, they were really trying to include me, but there really wasn't no use, at least till retrieved my memories there wasn't.

I finished off my plate of food but was still starving Adrien saw that and ordered me a brownie fudge sundae, he was spoiling me because he felt bad, I knew that cause that's something I never would order unless I really wanted it, that's knowledge I retained from my childhood, anything about food and fashion is something I've somehow kept, my brain must have narrowed down what it didn't and did want to keep.

"Marinette, if it's bothering you just tell us, well understand, we know what you've been through, we can't sympathize with you but we know how much pain you might be going through." Adrien placed his hand on my shoulder as they brought out my sundae on a plate and I began eating again in silence, I was to upset to look at any of them.

Important Authors Note
Okay, so I have a new adrienette book coming out soon called 'He's Not Crazy, I'm crazy for him' and the next chapter will definitely not be as depressed as this chapter, I plan to skip 2 years so that Adrien and Marinette are a bit older and I can possibly add more/better drama around their 20's cause I can just see more drama around that time rather than in their teens.