Prologue

I couldn't believe I am here in New York City and am going to spend the entire summer living my life like a free bird and-
" Could you for once stop dreaming ELIANA WINTER NIGHTINGALE and help me pick up YOUR luggage"

I frowned and winced when my best friend screamed, not so subtly, at me and used my full name to address me.
" Geez! You could have called out softly you did not have to scream like a mad woman" I scowled at her and raised my hands in surrender.

I looked towards my Grandma and brother, to see them looking at me with amusement.
" Glad to know that you guys are enjoying my humiliation". I fired grumpily.
Zach chuckled under his breath and smiled at me cheekily showing off his dimple which made girls swoon and melt at his feet. Zach was a year elder to me and was about 6 ft tall with messy dark brown hair, which complimented his chocolate brown eyes. He had a jawline to die for and a smile which could bring anyone to their knees.

But whatever it is he is an asshole, because all he does is irritate the living daylights out of me. Who am I kidding?, at the end of the day he is the one I want to share everything with and is also the one I love the most.
Then comes my so called best friend, Clarissa, even though I love her to death, she is a real pain in the ass that I can't get rid of no matter what.

" I think you deserved to be humiliated once in a while so that you don't keep dreaming about how wonderful your summer will be just because you are in NYC". Clarissa stated smugly, and boy did I want to slap that off her face.
I huffed and picked up my suitcase and my back pack and started moving towards the exit, all the while ignoring certain three people who I happened to love.
................
We reached Uncle Richard's house, which I must say is no less than a mansion. Everything about it, is beautiful. The driveway is surrounded by beautiful greenery and the backyard has a pool, big enough to have a pool party.
     The exterior beauty was nothing in front of the interiors. Well furnished furniture, shining decor, not an ounce of dust. Sleek black couch and a large screen Tv.
     Uncle Richard came in view and I ran to him and jumped in his arms. I missed him so much and looking at him after two whole years was enough to bring tears to my eyes.

    To say I was close to Uncle Richard would be an understatement. Four years ago when he left Santa Monica for good I was devastated. He visited only once and that to for two days. I didn't know what I would do without him. But now that I was here I knew I had a lot of catching up to do with him.
   " How is my baby girl?" Uncle asked in a hoarse voice for it was hard for him to control his emotions too. I broke the hug enough to look at him and muttered in a small voice, " She is very upset with her Uncle".
    " And why is that?"
      "Because he has no time for his baby girl, only excuses about not able to meet her due to certain problems arising out of nowhere".
       He smiled sadly and I realised that I shouldn't have said that, I knew why he did what he did. I opened my mouth to apologise but my grandma beat me to it.

      " Okay enough you two. I came here to enjoy my summer with my family, not to cry and relive something that happened long back". She said with fake anger.
      Clarissa and Zach smiled and came closer to join in the hug.
      Clarissa is my childhood friend and therefore is like my sister and is treated like our very own. After her parents died in a plane crash she started to live with me because her mom and my mom where best friends and my mom wanted Clarissa to live with us instead of living with strangers.  I was more than happy to have my best friend living with me. She was treated like a little sister by Zach and like granddaughter by my Grandma.
............
  We had our dinner and went off to our respective rooms to freshen up and join later for a movie marathon in my Uncle's home theatre, which by the way is very cool.
      After watching about four movies in a row we drifted of to sleep in the theatre room itself.
      Next morning I was all set to head out and explore NYC and also do lots and lots of shopping. 
.............
We left the house around 12 and headed out to a famous cafe to have coffee and breakfast. I know it's pretty late but common who has the energy to wake up early after all the traveling and after a movie marathon.

      Having placed the order I turned around to go back to the table but as soon as I turned, I crashed into someone causing us both to tumble down in a heap.
         The person below me let out a grunt of pain. When I opened my eyes I was met by a familiar set of black eyes staring back at me. I looked in disbelief at Clarissa. 
       "You have no patience, do you? God you really are one annoying human being. Why did you come here when told you that I will be back in a minute", I glared at  Clarissa. 

      I got up immediately and left to go to our table, not bothering to pick her up.
      So much for thinking it to be some hot guy, who might be staring back at me witho a smile worth melting for.Ughhhhhh!!.

Trust me I had no luck in that department. Don't take me wrong I am not dying to have a guy in my life but common a teenager needs her share of fun sometimes in a while.

...................