5. Earning Her Forgiveness

Manik had been literally trying to talk to nandini, but she was not ready to give in.

Not that she gave him a cold shoulder like he did. But she was talking less to him. And he hated the fact.

But he hated himself more because he was the one who pushed her to this.

"Nandini!! Nandini" he shouted when he was not able to find his laptop charger.

And at that time, he knew she had completely become his habit.

"Kyu chilla rahe hai aap?" She asked rushing into the room

Manik looked at her with a weird face. "Kya hua" she asked

"Ye tum Kya Kar rahi thi?" He asked looking at her condition.

Her saree pallu was tucked at one side on her waist and her hands were covered with flour.

"Roti ka atta leke naach rahi thi" she smiled sarcastically at him

"Ohhh" he teased "kaunsa Gaana"

Nandini sighed frustrated. " Jaldi boliye Kya kaam hai. Mujhe rotiya banani hai"

"Par tum shayad naach rahi thi" he pressed his lips to control his laughter.

"Theek hai. Bye. Kar Lena khud hi kaam" she said angrily.

"Aray aray ruko. Woh.. Mera laptop charger.."

"Aapne dhoondhne ki koshish bhi ki?" She asked looking at him with raised eyebrows

"Haa. Sab jagah dekh liya"

"Cupboard?"

"Haa"

"Bedside table"

"Haa"

"Drawer?"

"Haa"

"Study table"

"Haa"

"Study ka drawer"

"Haa"

"Aur laptop bag" she asked narrowing her eyes

"Umm.. nahi"

"Duniya bhar dhoondha.. laptop bag mein kaun dekhega?" Nandini said and huffed.

She left the room as she surely knew it would be there while Manik smiled thinking she knew so much already.

But his smile disappeared thinking about what he had done to her.
~~~~~~~~

"Bhabhi! Jaldi chaliye naa.. aapko Kuch dikhana hai." Mukti ran into their room

"Aray aaram se.. Kya hua?" Nandini looked at her

"Kaha jaana hai tujhe?" Manik asked her as it was already 10 at night.

"Nothing that concerns you Bhai"

She pulled nandini with her and they went away shutting the door while Manik sighed.

He was remembering things that he did today when a smile crept on his face.

Flashback

"Kya Manik.. kaha khoya hai"

"Kuch nahi Cabir. Tu bol.. kuch kaam tha?"

Cabir sensed something wrong and asked him "Bhabhi ko leke pareshaan hai na?"

"Yaar Cabir.. it's already 2 weeks now. Phir bhi usne mujhe maaf nahi kiya hai"

"It's more than one and half month of your marriage. And you have ignored her for that one month. So you know.. this was bound to happen."