E I G H T

E I G H T- DAWN:

I was sitting on Alec's lap, beside Liam on the sofa, holding the controller Jace gave me a while ago in my hands. He, Liam, Ben and Alec were holding more controllers, and Alec and Liam were trying to teach me how to play.

It was some stupid human game and I was failing miserably, then blaming Alec for being a bad teacher and leaning more to Liam's arm behind my head, to annoy Alec, which was on the back of the sofa.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever had the displeasure of participating in, no doubt about that. I couldn't understand for the life of me why they would choose to waste their whole lives playing those silly, unproductive games, just sitting around doing practically nothing.

They could be training, getting stronger and faster and better. Or spending time on some high place, feeling the wonderful wind on their skin. But no, they'd rather sit around staring at fake pretend figures doing fake things and running around a big screen.

I have never sat in one place for so long, doing nothing, and it was driving crazy. My father always made sure I had something productive to do, like training, learning monarchy studies or torturing souls. In my free time I would just spend time with Dae, or train more.

I am too hyperactive to sit around and do practically nothing.

I could feel my knee jumping up and down quickly, almost in a blur. I forcefully stopped it before the mutts could notice.

No wonder mortals aren't the highest on the food chain, they sit around staring at the walls all day.

The only times Liam had stopped staring at me were when he was showing me how to operate the game using the controller, he cleared his throat and tried to show me how to make the little figure in the screen jump. That was when I smelt the most incredible scent I have ever smelt in my life.

It smelt like that time when my dad went up to the surface for business and he brought me back all those tiny things that smelt amazing. He called them berries, and he said that there are so many different kind of them in different colors; he said that the humans eat them.

When I asked why I couldn't eat them like the mortals do, father told me that I would get poisoned, because demons don't consume food, eat like the humans on the surface, and I could die. So I kept them for a while, until they went rotten, and father ordered me to get rid of them.

I could smell the berries now, the amazing smell, and I couldn't get enough of it.

The smell was getting stronger with each passing moment, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath from the addicting scent. Savoring the smell of berries.

Then suddenly the double- doors on the other side of the room flew open and hit the wall with a loud thud, creating cracks on either side of the wall.

In stepped the first guy who might get close to Dae's level on the hotness scale. Which has never happened, like ever. Obviously him being a mortal was a bit of a turn- off, but overall he was as fine as a hairball gets. Almost getting close to Dae's level. Almost.

Dae will always be number one.

He had that sexy, dirty blonde hair and the greenest eyes I have ever seen, I could just stare at them forever, they were so beautiful.
Not as much as Dae's though.

A slightly crocked nose, probably from fights, which only add to his dangerous appeal, and perfect bow- shaped lips. Freaking hell that guy is hot. But still not enough to overthrow Dae's position as my number one.

He was radiating power in waves and stood tall at about 6'0 with a fair amount of muscles, I swear I could see his six- pack though his shirt.

I mentally scolded at myself for thinking about a werewolf like that, that was so not like me.