Dear DESIGNERS

So I have encountered this one problem that has bugged me since I've been put into the light about the difference of art and design.

People have been calling themselves graphic artists when in fact, we are supposed to be calling ourselves graphic designers.

Now, what really separates art and design? Why is it such a big deal?

Okay first it is not a big deal but it is nice to know so we'd all stop giving ourselves the wrong title.

Second, art and design are different because of the reason why we create both. Art is made to have a connection with the viewers. Anime and manga are considered art because you can still portray various stories and feelings through them. Design is mostly made to advertise or motivate. Like book covers.

Wattpad book covers are made to make readers want to read your book. Yes it is important that a book cover should portray the story of your book accurately but graphic designers would know that visuals is #1 priority no matter how much you try to deny it.

Another difference of art and design is that art is made to create a connection with viewers while design is there to portray or communicate something that is already there or is already created. Sure you can say that you edited a photo but you cannot really say that you created it.

What is the point of this whole rant? Exactly, its pointless. A very exact interpretation of what is to come.

Tutorials coming soon