Chapter 32: The First Ultrasound

*POV: Snow*

It’s been an entire week since I’ve been to the hospital and now I’m back. My mother wanted to come, but I assured her that it was fine. I knew that I was getting my ultrasound today too and I didn’t want her to find out that way and make a huge scene.

I’m sitting in the waiting room, Harry and Gemma by my side. I know that she’s excited for me, for us. She knows about the possibility that he might not be Harry’s yet she’s supportive about it anyway. I am so thankful to have a friend like her right now.

“Miss Jackson?” a nurse says and my head pops up. I see a middle aged man with a clipboard, motioning me over. Gemma and Harry follow me.

“Who are these guys?” he asks me.

“I’m her fiancé and this is her soon to be sister-in-law,” Harry lies, shaking the guy’s hand. I’m a bit surprised that he said that, but I’m glad he did. I knew that they wouldn’t have let him come with otherwise. The nurse nods and leads us down a few corridors until we find an empty room.

“Stay right here. The doctor will be with you momentarily,” the nurse tells me. I nod and take a seat on the bed. I’m glad that my black coloration of my eyes have come down so it’s more of just a light purple brown color, but my nose still hurts like hell.

“Are you excited? You get to see your baby for the first time,” Gemma says excitedly. I smile at her. The idea of having a child has grown on me quite a bit, I have to admit that. I know that everything is going to change for me here soon, but that idea is starting to be acceptable. I’m not that scared anymore.

“I know that I am,” Harry smiles as he grabs my hand. I feel bad, knowing it would hurt him a lot if the baby wasn’t his, but I know that he’d support me either way. Besides, it’s not like I couldn’t have another one in the future for his sake. I don’t plan on having just one child. I just wish I could have waited a little bit longer.

“Hello? I’m assuming you’re a Miss Jackson? I’m Mrs. Polly and I’ll be your doctor today,” a nice woman says. She seems a bit young, but I don’t mind. She has glasses on and her brown hair is tied back in to a bun.

“I sure am,” I respond a bit anxious as she sits down at a desk with a computer next to it. She flips through the pages, reading over my transcripts as she logs on to the computer.

“It seems as if you’re here for a check-up on your little slip-up last week. I notice that an ultra-sound is due too?” she asks me. I nod, confirming her thoughts. She then stands up and walks over to me. She does the normal check-up for me, shoving the stick in my mouth and checking my heartbeat.

“Alright you seem healthy, a slight cold, but it’s going away. Now I’m going to check your injuries,” she tells me. I nod as Harry and Gemma smile at me reassuringly. I take a deep breath.

“Okay. Let’s look at the cuts on your side first,” she tells me and I nod, lifting up my shirt. The scrapes I have actually healed quite nicely. They’re almost gone.

“Your body is doing quite well so far considering this uh iron deficiency you have,” she tells me and I nod, glad that she knows about that.

“Okay. Do you have any concerns before I proceed to check your face? Any sore spots?” she asks me.

“My nose is a tad bit sore still,” I admit and she smiles at me, glad she’s not doing all the talking. She must be new still.

“Well that would make sense. It says here that it was a clean break,” she laughs a bit. I smile at her before she brings a stool over to sit down. She then checks my eyes, glad that no veins have burst and my eyes still respond normally. With her clipboard, she looks at photos of the injury at first.