3.

it had been three days. alyssa did not text back and james had found himself wondering whether he should text her first. he guessed it was something a gentleman would do. the worst that could happen is that she would leave him on seen and disregard his attempt at making conversation swiftly all without caring. don't think james just do.

he turned his phone back on and hovered his finger over the keyboard wondering what he could say. he could take full interest in her and how her day was or play it off simple.

he began typing out his message, resisting to type out his thoughts about being a gentleman and hit send.

madmanjames: i don't really know what ttyl means in terms of when you will actually text me again but i decided to do so first.

1 minute turned into 5.
5 minutes turned into 15.
15 minutes turned into 45.

he couldn't help but keep track of how long it took her to reply. james was going out on a limb to actually be somewhat social and this girl had the audacity to never text him back like she had said. oh the nerve!

his phone was on his bedside table and when the screen finally brightened and his phone emitted a 'ding' sound he quickly took hold of it.

she had answered.

zerofucksalyssa: oh uh im sorry. ig i got busy. tbh i was sorta waitin for you to text me first, i think being a girl and texting first seems desperate and needy to others apparently..

madmanjames: oh.

zerofucksalyssa is typing...
zerofucksalyssa: besides that dinner i basically blew you off to go to was such a shit show. it was sooo boring, my mum told me to watch my language and so did this waiter lady. apparently she threatened to go get a manager named marvin. smh what a poor name that man has i tell you that lmfao

how could he respond? should he agree with her that marvin in all was a terrible name? ask her if the food itself at dinner was enjoyable?

madmanjames: did you at least enjoy the food? i guess it depends on where you went for the dinner but it must have been good?

zerofucksalyssa: you had me at food. i love food. the food wasn't half bad! we went over to that new fancy cuisine restaurant downtown. it's full of snobby narcissistic pricks but i just paid attention to the edibles.

james smiled a small smile to himself and rustled around on his bed getting comfortable.

they continued to talk throughout the afternoon and into the night before heading off to rest. both james and alyssa dozed off smoothly and peacefully, waiting for the events that would take place tomorrow in their own little world of messages.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
a/n: hey guys! sorry i haven't updated in awhile, i think i will just go piece by piece with this book and work on it when i'm bored🤷‍♀️sorry if this chapter was short! make sure to vote and add to your library if you haven't already!