Chapter 4 (Realization)

Chapter 4    Realization

I looked at Jared, “Do you have the bracelet that the lady gave me? Yours is gone.”

Jared looked down at her wrist, “No. Did you take yours off last night?”

I shook my head, “No. Did you?”

Jared shook her head as well, “Do you think when we both wished that our lives would change the bracelets switched our bodies around?”

Jared might be right. Right after the lady gave us our bracelets we wished that our lives would change and now I’m in Jared’s body and Jared is in my body. We need to find that lady and see if she can change us back even though I’m secretly praying that she can’t. I love being Jared! We also need a pregnancy test.

“To the car!” I shouted while pointing my finger out the window.

Jared looked at me like I was mentally insane. Which I just might be.

“Why do we need to go to the car?” Jared asked while laughing a little bit.

“To go find the lady that gave us the bracelets and to get you a pregnancy test,” I said in a duh tone.

“Okay but I’m driving,” Jared said while leaving the room.

“Oh no you’re not!” I yelled while running after her and down the stairs.

We both raced after my keys that were sitting on the coffee table. I got to the table first and grabbed the keys. I went to walk to the door when I tripped face first to the floor. Jared had tripped me! The keys fell and slid across the floor. I went to reach for them but Jared grabbed them and ran out the front door. I got up and ran after her but I was too slow. Jared was already in the driver’s seat and starting my car. I opened the passenger door and got in.

“I hate you,” I stated.

“I know,” was what Jared’s reply was.

Ugh! She better not crash my car or anything. My parents got it for me before they left on their trip. If my dad never took up on the job offer and they didn’t leave I would still be best friends with Jared. My life wouldn’t be a living nightmare and I wouldn’t be in Jared’s body. Why does life have to be so hard? Why do you have to learn stuff if you're just going to die anyways? Like school, why do we have to go if we are going to die and not need it in the after world or whatever you do after you die? I so don’t know what happens to people when they die. Do they have a second life as something else or relive their life over and over again? Do we get to haunt people? Are we ghosts? Do we have to look after people and make sure they are being good? If so I hope I get a really attractive guy! What if you don’t make it to heaven? Once you’re dead can you help someone like in the movie Teen Spirit so you can get into heaven or do you go straight hell? Does your spirit die in hell once you go there? Do people who go to church talk about this stuff? I don’t go to church so I wouldn’t know. Hum….

“Viv did you hear me?” I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Jared looking at me.

“Um… No,” I said.

Jared let out a frustrated sigh, “We are here now. Do you remember what the lady looks like because I don’t really remember her.”

“Yeah I do. She looked like the fortune telling lady,” I told her.

Jared nodded and got out of the car. I got out and followed her to the entrance. We paid and walked into the park. We walked over to the fortune teller and saw that the lady was working. I stepped into the short line and waited my turn.