Life Happens

Chapter one

I was one sick child when I was a baby.I was born with a weak heart and had alot of surgery growing up. Now I'm better and feeling good.

  I'm Cymphonique Taylors and I'm 17 years old and have to deal with the hardships of highschool and growing up with out a father.

  My mother has been going to therepy ever since my father died from lung cancer five years ago.We live alone in a huge house in Chicago.

  I have to deal with hearing my mom cry herself to sleep every night. But that all changed once she found someone who knows how it feels to lose someone you really love.

  She's been happy since she's met him three years ago. Now I won't have to hear her cry every night and make me cry myself to sleep too.

  Today was my friend's birthday and I got to school early along with my other best friend Corrine. I think Andrea is actually like my sister because we've known each other since third grade.

  Anyway as me and Corrine were decorating her locker, some guys came walking down the hall way.

  They were jocks and one of them was Christian and I had a huge crush on him.

  They walked passed and I saw Christian give me a shy smile. Corrine saw too and snapped me back into reality.

  "Um...hello?! We're suppose to be decorating Andrea's locker. Not looking at guys." she told me with a smirk on her freckled face.

  I rolled my eyes and finished blowing up a balloon as the bell rang for the start of school.

  We waited for Andrea to come and three minutes later she came running down the hall with a huge grin on her face.

  "OMG! You guys are the best! Thank you so much and I love you guys." She wiped her face from the tears that fell.

*****************

When it was finally time for lunch, I rushed to the lunch room.I went in line to get my lunch when someone tapped on my shoulder. I slowly turned around and met gazes with chocolate brown eyes that belonged to Christian.

  "Um...hey."He said and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

  I was in shock because I couldn't believe that one of the hottest jocks in my junior class was talking to me.And he clearly was waiting for an answer.

  I studdered"Uh...hey Christian.How's it going?"I mentally slapped myself because he chuckled and smiled.

  "I'm good just wondering if you wanted to go out with me? We could go catch a movie after school if you are not busy? " He looked really nervous.

  "Um...sure.I'll love to.I don't do anything on Fridays anyway unless you count sleeping."I said with a sheepish smile that made him laugh.

  "Okay then I'll pick you up at at 3:45."He said while blushing and walking to the table where all of the athlete boys sit.

  I was on cloud nine when I got my lunch and walked back to my table.Andrea and Corrine looked at me with confused faces.

  "What the heck happened to you? Why was Christian talking to you?"Corrine asked then shoved a piece of her cookie in her mouth.

  "Well...you should be congratulating me because he asked me out on a date after school." I told them then immediately regretted telling them because they both shrieked in excitement.

  We were the in betweeners.But since I was a volleyball player and one of the track stars I was popular I guess. So was Andrea because she was student body president and Corrine is the vice president and she is a cheerleader.