I LIED

Shannon's PoV

I hear a soft knock on the front door and quickly run towards it, excited to see Cari. I open door only seconds after and smile widely at my girlfriend standing on my porch. Cari immediately throws her arms around my neck, nuzzling her face into it.

I wrap my arms around her waist tightly, "Hi, princess" I whisper into her hair.

"Hi, baby" she whispers back cutely, sending a warm feeling straight to my heart.

"I missed you" I tell her softly, tightening my hold around her body.

I can feel her smile into my neck, kissing it softly, "I missed you, too" she whispers, sending chills down my spine as her hot breath tickles my neck.

I pull away and take her hands in mine, holding them between us as I smile down at her, "How was spending time with your brother?"

"It was good, we talked a lot, I'll miss him when he goes back to college. I'll miss our conversations, but I can still call him, I guess" she smiles sadly.

"Try not to think of when he leaves, enjoy the time you have when he's still here" I tell her, stroking the top of her hands with my thumbs.

Cari smiles up at me, "You're right, thank you."

"Let's take your things to my room, yeah?" I ask and let go of one of her hands, lacing our fingers on the other.

"Yeah" Cari answers cutely, dragging me into my room by my hand.

I giggle and follow her into my bedroom and close the door behind us as we enter the room. Cari drops down on my bed, dropping her small overnight bag on the floor beside my bed. She smiles up at me and turns over to her stomach hiding her face into my pillows. She quickly kicks her shoes off and drags my bed sheets over herself, sighting contently.

I walk towards my bed and pick up her shoes and overnight bag, "You have brought way too much clothes, Cari, how were you able to carry all of this?" I ask sarcastically, placing her shoes and bag by the door.

"Oh, you know" Cari turns her head my way, trying to hide her smile, "just my unbelievable strength. Haven't you seen my arms?" she asks as a smile creeps onto her lips.

"I thought I had" I say, trying to hide my own laugh, "but apparently not."

Cari lifts her arm up from under the covers, "See, they're huge" she says and quickly hides her face into my pillow, muffling her laugh.

I chuckle lightly and walk over to my bed, then jump on top of her, making her squeal, "Liar, you just want my clothes."

I lay my body fully on top of hers, resting my cheek on top of her head, as she laughs underneath me, "No, that's not it."

"Oh, it's not?" I ask sarcastically, leaning into her ear, "because I think it is" I whisper.

Cari shudders underneath me, making me smile, "I lied" she whispers back.

"You did?" I whisper, smiling at her silliness, "I think so, too."

"Yeah" she whispers, "you were right."

"I know" I giggle and whisper, "and why is it that you want my clothes?"

"I don't know" she whispers and turns back onto her back, making me lay on top of her stomach instead, our faces only centimeters apart.

I move both of my arms on either side of her head, propping myself up on my elbows, keeping my eyes locked with hers, "I think you lied again."

Cari wraps her arms around my neck, "Yeah, you're right again" she whispers, her warm breath tickling my lips.