Morning

Hopper awoke slowly, adjusting to the light. He was still wearing his clothes from the previous day, and he didn't have any blankets on top of him, but he wasn't cold. A warm body was still pressed up against him, laying on his arm, which was now numb, he noticed, but he didn't mind. She seemed even smaller than usual, curled up in a little ball with a blanket wrapped around her tiny frame. Hopper smiled at her slightly before checking his watch. 7:38 AM. He groaned, remembering El alone in the house. He had to go back to the cabin, to check on her, but he didn't want to leave, and he didn't want to wake Joyce.

"Joyce?" He whispered into her ear. "I need to go..."

"Huh?" She muttered groggily, waking up slightly.

"I need to go check on El..." Hopper told her. "She's all alone in the cabin."

"Oh..." Her eyes opened, and she shifted her weight a little. "I guess you should go... Thank you for staying with me, though." She smiled sleepily. "I wish you didn't have to leave" Joyce sighed heavily.

"I wish I could stay, also. But I have to make sure that Jane hasn't burned the house down yet... that would be bad parenting." He chuckled quietly. "Can you, um, get off my arm maybe?"

"Oh... sorry." She smiled, lifting herself up momentarily so that Hopper could retrieve his arm from beneath her.

"If you have more nightmares... I'd stay with you, again." He told her, getting up.

"I'd like that." She said, groggily.

"So would I..." He smiled, and kissed her cheek lightly before walking to the door. "See you later today?" Asked Hopper, leaning on the doorframe.

"Probably." Said Joyce, sitting up in bed. Once he had left, she smiled like a goofball and touched her cheek where Hopper had kissed her.