Chapter 23: Not So Secret Identity

I kinda hate this chapter, but here it is anyway. 

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

Kennedy's POV

Tony paces in front of me while I sit on the couch writing in my journal, I drop my pen for a moment and watch him. He has his phone to his ear, waiting uncomfortably for someone to pick up. I look over my shoulder and watch Pepper, standing at the counter, speaking on the phone and writing things down at the same time. All this is happening because of me, they wouldn't have to go through this if I hadn't been curios and hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D.   they wouldn't even know who I am. I shake my head, trying not to think that way, I know everyone here would tell me that they wouldn't change what happened, but I still can't help but think that maybe it would have been better if I never meet them. I quietly get up, walking across to the kitchen and grabbing a bag of chips, I sit at the counter to eat them, still observing the two stressed adults, and trying my best not to stress, because I know what happens when I do. More than anything I want to help, its agonizing watching other people decide my fate and not being able to help sway it in the way I want. I can't watch without doing anymore, I have to do something, even if it doesn't help my situation, I have to do something with my body or I will explode. So up to my room I go, intent on changing into my bathing suit and heading to the pool but just as I grab it out of my closet, Peter bursts into the room.

"Hey Kennedy guess what?" He questions.

"Wow, chill, where's the fire?" Peter looks confused for a second but he shakes it off and continues.

"You remember when I told you that a bunch of people from my school are taking a camping trip to Colorado?"

"Yeah, you said Flash was gonna get his parents to take you all. But what about it?"

"well I just-" He is cut off by the buzzing of his phone which he gingerly plucks out of his pocket, reads the screen, then shoves it back into his pocket. "I gotta go, I'm late for a, uh, school thing." He says and starts to rush out the door.

"Peter it's Saturday!" I yell after him, he pauses for a second,

"I know, it's, uh, um, its for extra credit." Then he continues his bolt down the hall. I watch as he frantically disappears into his room, I follow, but when I look into the room it is completely empty, and the window is wide open. That is the last thing I need to convince me. I return to my room and toss my bathing suit on the floor, all thoughts of swimming forgotten in favor of a much more interesting activity. I plop down in my desk chair and wait a few minutes before opening my computer and sending a quick two word message to Peter.

"Peter HELP!" I watch the screen and it's not long before I see peter is typing

"Kennedy? What's wrong?" The reply pops up, I say nothing. Another message appears. "Is it an emergency?" I watch as several more messages blink onto the screen in quick succession. "Ken?" "Kennedy?" "Kennedy talk to me!" "Are you okay?!?!" I continue to leave him in suspense, then open my window, and sit at my desk to wait. Sure enough, after only a few minutes of scrolling through pinterest, a man in blue and red spandex swings in through my open window. I resist the strong urge to fangirl, and keep my eyes firmly trained on my computor. Out of the corner of my eye I see him frantically look around for a threat, Then relax when he realizes there is none to be found.

"Hey Peter." I say nonchalantly, without looking up.

"What, how did you? I mean, uh, who's Peter." He stumbles. I finally look up at him with a 'do you really think that will work' look. He lets out a sigh and pulls his mask off, plopping down on the edge of my bed in defeat. "How did you know it was me?"