Chapter 5

"How can you think that any of this was easy?
With all the friends I've lost along the way?"

-Mayday Parade, The End

*

At 7:30 my alarm clock started buzzing. Today we had another test.

I got out bed, took a quick shower and dried my hair. I grabbed a cereal bar and ate it quickly.

I got dressed in my favorite summer dress and grabbed my book bag. I swung it over my shoulder. Then I tied my shoelaces and walked out the dorm.

I quickly made my way over to school and threw my jacket in my locker. It was 7:50 I had my test at 8. Why was I always so quick?

I opened my textbook as I sat on the bench in the middle of the hall.

"Alex." I looked up. Ashton was smiling at me. His blue bandana was carefully tied around his head. His hair was playfully hanging in every direction.

"Hey. How did your test go?" I asked him. He smirked at me proudly.

"Sat next to the class nerd. But didn't bother to 'check' I knew it all." I smiled giving him a high-five.

"You literally smashed it!" I joked Ashton rolled his eyes nodding.

"How you're feeling about the thing with Cal." Ashton asked me placing the hair out his face. I looked away awkwardly.

"Don't really know how to fix it." I said honestly.

"I may talk to Zayn later. I hope I can help you." Ashton told me.

"With what?" Calum walked towards us. He winked at me. Ugh, he was such a player.

"This exercise." I said smiling pointing at my book.

"You can sit next to me during the test. I can help you." Calum said winking again as he left to the door. I grabbed my bag, said bye to Ash and stood next to Calum.

*You cannot mix yourself into this. Zayn will not approve that Ashton. The gang not fucking around. I wasn't even allowed to tell you.*

I send Ashton just before sliding my phone in my pocket as the tests were given out. I wrote my name above the paper and started reading the questions.

I filled each question as well as I could. I then placed my test in the corner of my table and thought about tonight. Tonight I would be with Calum again since ages. It made me scared and uncomfortable.

As I was leaving the classroom I felt Calum grab my arm. I put up a fake smile turning around facing him.

"Hey baby, wear something sexy tonight." He winked me nodding at him.

"Can you be there at eight? I need to do some school stuff." I smiled at him. He nodded and kissed me in my neck.

"I missed your perfume baby." He whispered softly.

"I missed you too." I said as our hands touched for a second.

*

I ran into my dorm. Thank god I was alone. Calum was super touchy while we were walking towards the dorms.

I sighed and locked the door behind me. Ashton was sitting on his bed with a couple of books around him.

My fingers went over the spot Calum his lips had been. Damn he really knew me well. That spot always got me.

"Hey Ash." I greeted him. He looked up from his books. His bandana was lying next to him, probably taken off in frustration.

"Hey Alex how are you?" He asked me.