Tonight (Just For You)

This is for bubblez07 because she (kindly, sorta) asked for it. I made it up on the spot so yeahhhh... This is a little thing that comes after "Tonight."

It turned out way longer than I expected.

Hope you enjoy!

I shifted the dress on my body as I stood before a three-way full-length mirror. I tilted my head to the side as I pondered if it looked exactly like I wanted it to.

"Stop staring at yourself in the mirror, Becca," Francine called from her seat in front of a large vanity mirror where her hair was getting done by her hand-picked hairdresser. "You'd think that you'd be the one getting married today."

I heard her chuckle as she saw me, through the reflection of the vanity mirror, stick my tongue out at her.

"You know that despite the fact the I'm so honored to be your maid of honor and that there's nowhere else I'd rather be today, I'm going to hate being in the same room as him," I grumbled as I stepped away from the three-way mirror and made my way to the bride.

"I'm sorry, honey," Francine said as she grabbed my hand when I found my spot next to her. "I really did try to keep him out of the wedding, but I'm marrying his brother and there wasn't much I could do."

I laughed when she truly sighed in defeat. Francine was a friend that I knew I could always count on. Over the years we had known each other, I had never met anyone more loyal, well put-together, or closer to perfection than her. It was no surprise that when Ben had first laid his eyes on her, he soon found himself incapable of ever looking away. After my relationship ended with his brother, Ben kept in touch and didn't let his brother's failures faze our friendship. I like to think that he's thankful for that decision since, along the way, our friendship helped him find the woman he was more than glad to spend the rest of his life with.

"Yeah, I guess so. A small part of me was hoping that maybe he cared more about me than his brother. That way, he wouldn't have been invited to all of this in respect for me," I admitted with a chuckle.

"I think that might actually be true, though," Francine said with a giggle. "Nick probably forced Ben to invite him to the wedding since he's older and all and could probably beat Ben up if he said no."

"Whatever," I commented as I dismissed the topic. Apparently, Francine wasn't allowing that.

"Or maybe Nick begged Ben to invite him to our wedding so that he'd get the chance to see the best thing that ever got away from him after almost two years," Francine suggested in a teasing voice.

"Yeah, right," I snorted. "The boat in which Nick and me live happily ever after has long sailed and gone."

"I wouldn't ever let you get back with him anyway. I was trying to get a rise out of you," the bride said with a chuckle.

"Okay, enough chit-chat," the wedding planner called out from the doorway of the hotel room we were in just as the hairdresser placed the last bobby pin in the bride's hair, causing the all the bridesmaids, Francine, and I to look in her direction. "Francine, go put on your dress."

Francine nodded and did so causing almost everyone in the room to turn breathless; she looked absolutely stunning in her off-white gown. A few minutes were spent on making sure that the bride was an image of utter perfection before the clock started ticking.

"Are we all ready?" the wedding planner finally asked after the last crease in Francine's dress was smoothed out.

"Yup!" Francine called out excitedly.

The four other bridesmaids and I also voiced our agreements as the wedding planner ushered us from the room and along the way to the private courtyard at the back of the hotel where the ceremonies were going to be held. We got in line in front of the French doors that would open up to a lined walkway to where everything was set up.