Chapter Two

"Look, Ethan just go and tell her how you feel." Arlene said.

"Are- are you crazy?" I looked at her as if it were the most dumbest thing I've ever heard, which it was.

"No, I'm just being truthful here." She said, looking at me.

"I can't just tell her how I feel, that's bad, especially since she has a boyfriend." I said, sort of raising my voice a little.

"Shut up! And calm the hell down! We don't need to hear about your depressing love life all the time!" Maria exclaimed, rubbing her temples. Grayson started hysterically laughing as I frowned at them.

"She knows who you are, so just become friends with her and slowly make your way up." Arlene replied, rolling her eyes at the two.

It's true she does know me a little, I've done some things in the past to get her attention.

flashback:

It was the start of high school. I was sitting in the seat right next to Kinsley. She had accidentally dropped her favorite and only pencil. Mostly because she could barely keep up with her school supplies.

"Hey um Kinsley you dropped this." I gave a small smile, as I handed her the pencil back.

"Oh thank you-" She paused, not knowing my name.

"Ethan." I said.

"Thank you Ethan." She smiled and turned towards the white board.

flashback over.

That wasn't the first time I met her though. The first time was in middle school. She was a new student. It was her second week here. Our class had to go to the library to return our books that we have to check out. I noticed she was frantically looking for hers in her book bag. I walked over to her locker and introduced myself.

flashback:

"Hi, I'm Ethan." I introduced myself with a grin on my face.

"Hi," She smiled sadly, still searching for the book.

"I could help you look around if you want?" I offered.

"Really? Thank you!" She smiled, and we started retracing her steps. We never ended up finding the book. The next day she came up to me telling me that the book was on the counter all along. She laughed and I started laughing with her, not even mad that we looked for the book for at least an hour.

flashback over.

That was the time I realized I liked her. We were sort of close at the start of the school year, but then we ended up having different classes, different lunches, and different friends. The only time I saw her was around the halls. She would always acknowledge my existence then, but ever since high school started, that too had fade away ever since she met Jasper.

To be honest, Jasper really is a good kid, I've never seen them argue ever, well during school that is. He's the perfect gentleman. He has good grades, he's on the football team and captain, and he respects women. Sure, he's had a few girls here and there before, but in between distance of months.

Meanwhile, I have average grades, I'm not very sporty. I'm just not someone Kinsley would like, or even date.

"If you don't make a move you'll only hurt yourself." Arlene said. She hates seeing me so upset over this girl. I can't help it. She's just so amazing and different.

"There's a party this weekend. I think we should go, to all let loose and have fun." Maria said, looking at her phone.

"Guys, I don't know. I'm not in a partying mood." I said, trying to get out of the plans.

"Well then you'll be in the mood Friday because that's when the party is." Maria smiled.

"Oh, um I mean, I won't be in the partying mood on Friday." I corrected myself.

"Too bad, you're going bud." Grayson said, making me have no other choice but to go.

"Ugh." I groaned, as Arlene and Maria locked arms with me, and singing through the halls.

"We're gonna party, we're gonna party! We're gonna party!"

Grayson ended up joining them too.

"Really Gray?" I asked him.

He turned around and became defensive.

"What? It's catchy." He continued to sing with them. I sighed and rolled my eyes, I hope this week will be a long one.
__________
oof! sorry this is short, next chapter will be better and hopefully longer!

~Enjoy

~B