Chpt 1.

Chapter 1.

My name was Katrina, I lived with my mum in a big house. She worked full time so I had a lot of time to myself. I lived in California and so there were many fields around, especially around my house. I spent many hours of my time in those fields, reading, singing, writing stories. It was the one thing I actually enjoyed in life, being by myself although I didn't have much choice since my mum worked full time. After coming home from school I went out into the field for hours on end, I didn't see the point in being at home all by myself.

That night, I came home around 11pm, I sneeked in through the kitchen window hoping my mother wouldn't catch me. The hall light was on and I could see a glimpse of the tv in the living room. My mother must be in. I pulled myself through, trying not to rip any of my clothes or hurt myself. Suddenly my hand slipped and somersaulted into the kitchen, head first hitting the hard concrete floor. I screamed in pain. My mother came running in, her face showed both shock and disapointment. My skull hurt, pain shooting through me like a dart to a dartboard. She stood there not moving. I stood up, rubbing my head and looking down at my feet.

"Since when did you think coming home at 11 o'clock without telling me was acceptable?" She asked. "Your only 15 years old, Katrina."                                                                                                                      "Only 15, thats more than old enough and stop acting like you even care." I replied, looking into her dark luminous eyes.                                                          "Stop that, I do care." She exclaimed.                                                                                                              "Ha, as if. You think your job is way more important." I argued.                                                                     "Katrina, enough. We've had this discssion more than enough times and quite frankly I'm sick of it. So will you just give it a break." She moaned. I barged passed her not achnologing what she had said. "Come back here!" My mother called from the kitchen. I began climbing the stairs, ignoring her. "Katrina, you come back down here right now! Or like I've said before you'll be going to boarding school for the summer!" She ordered. I still didn't respond, I continued climbing the stairs until I reached the landing and went into my room slamming the door shut behind me. I slumped down against my door blocking it. I heard my mother coming up the stairs and then walking over to my door.

"I've made my decision, I'm going to book you a place at Highmoor California Summer School." She said firmly. In a way, I couldn't care less. At least I wouldn't have to spend the summer alone. My mother slowly walked away from my door and down the stairs. I stood up and went over to my bed. Tomorrow was another day ...

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter, will write the next one tomorrow :) I write loads of stories but never manage to finish them. This is the only story i've finished but editing it as i go along. Comment if you can :) I'd like to know what you think of it.

Livi xx