I'm Sorry

"Oh my fucking god this dude has talent when it comes to high notes!" Yamashita Toru says to his friend, "What's his name again?"

"That's Taka from the boyband called 'NEWS'," his friend responds while turning off the video on his desktop.

"Damn, I wish I had a vocalist like that for my little band I have!"

"Eh, I mean you can try to talk to the guy. He's from around here I'm pretty sure. Maybe you can find him around."

"Haha very funny" Tour says sarcastically as he rolls his eyes, "Anyways I gotta get home before I'm late and get grounded." Toru picks up his stuff and walks out of his friends house and catches a bus back to his house and doesn't think about what his friend showed him for a few days.

On Wednesday night, two days after he heard Taka's voice, Toru goes to an alley about 3 miles away from his house to go get drunk with his friends who are a few years older than him. It was literally in the heart of Tokyo, so it was an extremely populated part of the city with lots of police. It was Toru's first time drinking underage an he didn't know how easily he could get caught at a location like that.

Toru was the last to arrive. He was kind of timid because he was worried about if his parents would be able to tell he was drunk when he returned home. His friend, Tetsu, gave him friendly wave while holding out a beer.

Tour took the beer and asked "Hey dude, how late do you think we are gonna be out here?"

"Aw who the fuck knows man? We are just gonna have fun and probably remember nothing of tonight tomorrow," Toru's friend replied jokingly.

"Haha. Yeah. With all this school shit that we have to do we deserve this," Tour says half like he is ready to get drunk and half like he is scared out of his mind.

"Hell yeah! That's the spirit!"

Toru opens up his bottle of beer and takes a sip.

Toru, Tetsu, and the five other guys in the alley are there for no more than fifteen minutes when they see cop lights flashing. The boys decide it is no use to run and stay stood where they are with their hands up.

As one of the policemen is approaching Toru and the others he yells in a stern voice, "Shouldn't you boys be getting home soon and shouldn't you also be making some better choices? I am certain you are all aware of the consequences of actions like these!"

After about ten minutes of the boys and the police officer talking, he decides to let them go easy. All of their parents were contacted as well as a small fine for each of the seven friends.

When Toru is on his way home, he tries explain how sorry he is for what happened. "Mom I'm so sorry! It won't ever happen again! I promise! I know what I did was wrong and I knew it was wrong even before I showed up!"

"You knew It was wrong? Then why the hell would you go?" his mother exclaims in anger

"I...I don't know. I'm-"

"I don't wanna hear it right now. You are grounded for three weeks. After school, if you are not home within a half hour of when you get out of school, that's another two days added on to your punishment and if you think me and your father are going to help you pay for your fine you are wrong!"

"Mom!"

"Toru, it's the least you can do."