11

"Broken"

How  do  we  know  when  we  are  truly  broken?  How  do  we  know  that  we  aren't  just  in  the  middle  of  a  hard  situation? 

How  do  we  know?
The  answer  is  we  don't  know. 

We  use  this  six  letter  word  to  describe  something  in  pieces.  We  use  it  figuratively  when  describing  how  much  our  heart  aches. 

We  say  we  are  heart  broken,  but  you  can't  be  heart  broken  unless  you  accept  the  fact  that  something  you  love  is  gone.  That  we  let  them  go  for  their  own  happiness  instead  of  holding  them  back  with  our  selfishness. 

Is  our  hearts  in  pieces? 

No;  it  just  feels  as  if  it  is.  People  say  that  we  have  to  move  on  to  fix  a  broken  heart,  but  I  dont  think  so.  I  believe  that  the  feeling  of  being  broken,  is  only  that;  a  feeling.

Feelings  change! 

They  change  because  in  time  we  come  to  realize  what  we  need  to  protect  ourselves.  We  don't  need  another  person  to  help  us  feel  whole,  because  we  are  whole  all  on  our  own.

We  all  just  crave  that  feeling  of  being  wanted  by  someone,  even  if  it  is  by  the  wrong  person.

So  to  me  saying  we  are  broken  is  a  lie;  we  aren't  broken,  just  a  little  lost.

~M.A.A

/Check out my book, My Truths, to see more of my personal works\