Chapter 1 - White

The world we live in is unfair— in a fair way.

Let's start from the very bottom, work hard to earn just enough to get by. 

There are others who chose invest their time and effort just to supply their needs and wants. 

Few are lucky enough to be born with a silver spoon in their mouth, they can have whatever they want. 

But fewer are those who strive their hardest and devote their lives to stay on the top. Regardless of the age, and gender, these few people are the people who knows the game of manipulation.

There's Apple, Google, Microsoftyes, they have reached quite fame and reputation but we all know they're not as famous as Kuro and Polar Inc

Polar Inc. has been around for centuries and is still manages to be on top.

But Kuro, oh this one did an amazing job. From being a barely known small enterprise to a very successful company, Kuro proved that if you cannot find a way to the top, make your own way.

Here's a trivia, did you know that Kuro's CEO is a 26 year old female?

No right?

Her name is Tomomi Itano. Now that's not something you see everyday. I know what you're thinking, must be because she's asian, blah blah blah. 

Let me tell you, the writer herself is an asian—Yes, she is struggling too. But this girl? Nah, she's slaying. She knows the game like the back of her hand and she's not stopping till she kicks Polar Inc.'s ass off the game. 

Another fun fact, Hikaru Yaotome, the CEO of Polar Inc. and Itano Tomomi the CEO of Kuro were classmates at Harvard University.

One more thing, can you keep a secret?

 Promise you won't tell the others about this? 

Okay, here's the thing. I think something happened between the two of them during their university days because even if those days were over, these two companies compete like hell. Every time Kuro announces to release a product, the Polar releases something too and vice versa. Don't you think this is more than a mere coincidence? Two young CEO's and former classmates, competing for the top. I really think there is something juicy going on between this two. 

Where are the paparazzi's and those nosy reporters when you need them. They keep on tailing celebrities! Hello? there's a big scoop here waiting to be revealed. People? No one? Well then, I'm gonna tail them myself. Though I can't really tail them from up here because I'm just a voice in your head. I'm still tailing them, and guess what? I'm taking you with me. **wink**

How about we go to Hikaru's side first?

"This idea is pricey. Try to cut down the bloody cost and remove some bloody parts. I don't like the idea of these unnecessary functions. Scrap it. By next week come up with a better idea" Hikaru studied the paper presented to him by his employee and he thought it was useless. He stood up, looked at everyone from the long table, sighed and massaged his nose bridge.

"That's it for today, you may now go" and with that, the meeting was done. Loosening his tie, he headed back to his office. He needed a fresh new idea, specially when a month from now, Kuro will release another product. 

"Kei get me some chocolates. Dark" he commanded his assistant, Kei. The guy went out to get Hikaru some dark chocolates. These past few days he was building up quite a load of stress. Nothing seems to go his way. 

He wanted some good distraction. Sleep or a full body massage will do. But for now, he cannot afford to do that. Instead, he massaged his temple and closed his eyes. The relief. If there was any way possible that bottled, boxed or packed sleep for sale he would be the first buyer.

Bzzzzt. Bzzzzt.

His phone vibrated. He opened the message and it was no surprise, it was from Tomomi. 

[My product is ready for release. But I'm giving you a month— Don't even attempt to lie, I know you still have not come up with a new design]

The nerve! Hikaru just hates the way Tomomi could come up with tons of ideas. If Tomomi can do it, why can't he? Well, that's what he thought. He kept the message and he didn't reply. 

That message was the fuel to start Hikaru's fire. With that, his energy was boosted up, yup faster than any dark chocolates or caffeinated drink. If his people can't think of ways, it wont be wrong to think about it himself right? 

"Kei get me my..." He looked around, oh yeah, he forgot he asked the guy for some dark chocolates.

Seriously Hikaru? You depend on Kei too much.

He stood up, went out of his office and looked for some paper and pencil. After getting what he needed he started to scribble. Not long after, a fresh idea came up. Brilliant, this should be perfect. This will make Tomomi beg on her knees and apologize for making fun of his old ways. He couldn't help but smile. Polar Inc. survived because it was loyal to the old ways. Not that they use typewriter and other old stuff but the way their product is processed it was the old way. It SHOULD be the best quality. By the time Kei arrived Hikaru was making a full report and was too focused in it. Kei didn't want to disturb him so he just decided to place the dark chocolates on Hikaru's table and went out. Judging from the unrecognizable scribbles from the paper on his table meant that Tomomi must've sent a message. Kei knew about Hikaru and Tomomi;s little competition. 

Hikaru might not admit it, but he needed Tomomi to be on top. Somehow, he needed a worthy competitor to stay on top of the business. 

"Kei, tell them we will have a meeting at 3PM. I want to get their second opinion about my idea what they think about my idea" Hikaru promptly said without taking his eyes off the laptop. 

"Thanks for the chocolates" he added, grabbing some chocolates as he studied his report. So far,  he could see no error but that's where his people come in. They can see his error the way he couldn't so he needed them.

​​​​