CHAPTER ONE

--Sasha's POV--

I sat looking out the window of the room I shared with the other teenage girls. I wondered if I was ever getting out of there.

"Sasha, someone wants to adopt you," my caretaker, Miss Rylo, said. I gave her my 'are you serious' look. She nodded and walked off.

I jumped off the windowsill and threw the stuff I had into my suitcase. That included my Space Junk Collection.

"Doesn't matter. Whoever adopts you, just going to bring you back." Brittany said. Brittany was a snotty brunette who thought she was better than everyone else.

'I don't care. I'm just glad I'm out of here!" I shot back, causing Brittany to scoff.

I walked downstairs to see Miss Rylo talking to an orange-skinned woman. She wore purple armor and had a sword was belted on her hip.

"Ah, you must be Sasha. My name is Grendal." The woman shook my hand and turned to face Miss Rylo. "Did you know she has a tattoo on her left hand?" She watched as my jaw dropped and Miss Rylo shook her head, bewildered.

No one knows about my tattoo. I've had it since I was born. I never thought it could be seen.

"How did you know?" I asked and Grendal turned to me.

"All I had to do was look, Sasha," She explained with a smile. I couldn't help but smile too.

Miss Ryle watched the interaction with a pleased look on her face. She smiled, then turned to Grendal and said, "Grendal, if you want Sasha, you have to sign the paperwork".

Grendal nodded, then turned toward the front desk where my former caretaker was taking out the paperwork.

After she filled out the paperwork, Grendal motioned me to give her my suitcase. I did and she walked out, with me running to catch up.

"I have a ship to take us to Alarbis. That will be your home," Grendal said as she looked at me and I nodded.

                                                                                      ******

Planet Alarbis was extremely breathtaking. Sandy white beaches, crystal clear water, absolute peace and quiet; it was like heaven.

"So, where is this home of yours?" I asked, noticing we weren't landing where the other ships were.

"Its far enough from any curious occupants. I can't afford to lose you, especially to Mission Force One" Grendal kept her eyes on what was in front of her.

I quirk an eyebrow at Grendal.

"Don't look at me like that. Its for your own good. I'm just trying to protect you, Sasha" Grendal took her eyes off the console and looked at me. I saw the amount of love she had for me in her eyes, just like the love of a mother.

I drop my gaze, suddenly wondering if I can trust her enough to reveal my secrets.

"I know it will take awhile for you to trust me. I'm willing to wait, Sasha. But, you have to meet me halfway," With that being said, Grendal returned her attention to the console.

The ship landed next to a cave. We got off and walked inside.

"It's not comfortable, I know. But it will be once we get started," Grendal said and I nodded.

"Before we start, do you have a Solidizer?" I asked, causing Grendal to smile and chuckle.

"I do. You might want to start of the filtration system, while I start on the sewage system." She looked at me and I looked at her and smiled, knowing, this was going to be my new home.