Chapter 18: Escape

It was dark, but soon the door creaked open again. I kept singing, and Clint stared screaming.

So far, so good.

The door swung open and the woman with the heels clacked in. "WOULD YOU SHUT UP." She ordered me. I smiled, and kept singing. Her hand flashed across my face, leaving a red handprint.

Clint screamed louder.

She turned to him.

Behind the woman, the men standing at the door crumpled, unconscious. I started a new song.

"All day long she's waiting/ for the night to ask her out/to be somebody's dancer/ to get lost inside the crowd. There's no need to talk/ because the music is so loud."

Another flash, this time The Winter Soldier's metal arm clamping around the woman's face, his other arm pressing her body against his.

"Make a sound," He hissed, "And I'll snap your neck."

We waited, and Clint stopped screaming so we could all listen. Still, the plan was going well.

The Soldier pulled off my shackles like they were paper, and then he worked on Clint's until we were both out. There was still nobody coming.

I carefully knelt down and began removing the woman's over-suit and her heels, as Clint and The Soldier did the same to the bodyguards.

"В прошлом месяце," I swore. This was my first view of the Woman in Heels, and I wanted to stop looking at her, but I couldn't.

It was the same face I saw in photographs and mirrors. She looked just like me, form the slightly curly red hair, to the pale face... everything. I gasped when I saw her name tag.

Зобков

Romanova

My name. I stopped moving. "I can't do this," I said, and Clint looked up.

"Why not?"

I hefted up the deadweight and placed my face parallel to hers.

"Oh my god," He said. "Is that..."

"It's me," I said, choking on sobs.

"It's not, it's not you." The Soldier said. "Her eyes are brown. Yours are green. She's not you."

My breathing slowed down, but it was still higher than it was supposed to be. I started putting on my clone's clothes.

"Do you," Clint started. "Do you think that's one of your... relatives from the Red Room?" He asked tentatively, as if the mere mention of it would make me turn against S.H.E.I.LD. and prevent our escape.

I stepped into the pumps and walked in a straight line, trying to imitate the way her shoes sounded on the floor. It wasn't hard.

"Tash?"

"I don't know," I said. "It might be."

There was a pause as I kept walking around the room, enveloping myself in the click-clack, click-clack the shoes were making.

"We should get going," The Soldier said.

"Yeah," Clint agreed. "Come on, Tash."

"Okay," I said, and paraded out of the cell. It was nice to be out of there.

"Left," The soldier hissed. Without missing a beat, I turned, and he and Clint shut the door, locking my clone and the men inside. We walked, and we saw other people, walking with the same grim determination as I did. I passed a couple more of my clones, but I kept my head up and tried not to stare.

They all looked similar to me, but with small differences. One had lighter hair- strawberry blonde. Another one's nose was smaller, and a third had a longer neck. The fourth one's eyes were closer set, but she also had the same piercing green eyes I've been told I have. She stared at me and smiled, recognizing me. He slid a finger to her lips, miming keeping a secret, but signed the only words I knew in sign language- "Natasha".

She turned around and ignored me.

"Right," The Soldier muttered, and we turned. The exit. We were almost out.

"ROMANOVA!" Someone to my left bellowed.

I turned. "Yes?" I replied in the same tongue.

I even sounded like my clone.

"How are the prisoners?" It was a short and dumpy man, with veins popping put on his forehead. I sensed he was in charge.

"Almost broken," I stretched my face into a smile. "Sir."

"Very good work," He said, his face also contorting into a gruesome smile. "And when they're broken?"

"Ask them why S.H.I.E.L.D. sent them," I replied.

"Very very good work," He stared into my eyes, his face shifting a little.

My eyes, I swore. The one time I don't have boring brown colored eyes that let me see into this stupid world.

The man didn't say anything about my eyes. Instead, he nodded at Clint and The Soldier and told them it was time for my break.

I broke into a real smile and thanked him.

He thanked me for working.

I turned and, with a spring in my step, I headed for the exit. Just as it opened, an alarm went off.

I swore, and the three of us broke into a sprint. I tripped in the heels and pulled them off.

"RUN RUN!" Clint screamed at me.

Helicopter hovered above us, and ants jumped out, getting bigger as they fell to us.

We weren't getting out today.

~

They dragged us back inside and The Soldier struggled against them. He screamed as the dragged him away from us.

"Oh," Clint said. "I think they might reset him."

I had never felt more useless then in that moment.

-~-~-~

IT'S HERE!

After 2+ weeks of waiting!

CHAPTER 18 IS UPPPPPPPPPPPPP

And thank you for 3.9k... especially since you've been waiting for this chapter for so long, but it's up!

Please please VOTE and COMMENT!

XxXx,

nufflepuff

Also, the song Tasha sang is called "Skin" by Boy and it's one of my favorite songs and it suits her perfectly. I'll attach it to the side bar thingy.