1 - Tom's and Dylan's Coffee Shop

Sophia's  pov.

I swiftly look through my wardrobe in hope of finding that yellow off-shoulder dress my grandmother once bought me. I have to hurry, I am supposed to meet my friends in twenty minutes and I'm nowhere near ready. I can already see a growing clothing-mountain on my bed, I groan in frustration.

"Sophia I'm go- ...are you looking for something?" I turn around and see my mom in the doorway. Her brown, curly hair fall onto her narrow shoulders, her round, mocha eyes percing into mine through her rectangle, wine red glasses.

"Yes, you know this yellow off-shoulder dress from granny?" I ask, frowning.

She smiles at me and shakes her head. "It's in the laundry sweetie, but I didn't put it in the washing maskin yet." I take a step forward, narrowing my eyes. "Can I wear it then?" I give her my best puppy eyes, I really feel like wearing it today.

"You're almost seventeen, I think you can decide yourself if you want to wear dirty clothes." She turns around ready to walk down the stairs but as if she remembered something she faces me again. "I'm taking your brother  out for ice-cream, we should be back in an hour." She walks out and I sprint to the washroom to get the dress. 

12 minutes later 

I look at myself in the mirror and pull my dark brown hair out of the pony tail as they almost touch my shoulders. I quickly apply mascara and some lipstick in salmon shade. My phone has only forty three percent but since I don't have time to charge it, I put in my jacket and head out. 

The weather  is absolutely lovely today! Sunbeams spread  warmth to every visible corner and wind cools the heat down a little bit. I was in such rush that I forgot to check the clock, pulling out my phone I see I still have four minutes left. I'll be late anyway, me coming somwhere on time is a miracle. Last year my grandma was having a  birthday party, and somehow I managed to come thirty three minutes late. I guess I just have the tendency of being late all the time, there is no other explanation. 
Lost in my thoughts I trip over something and fall. Well, I should have seen that coming, I am, unfortunaetly, quite clumsy. Not as clumsy as Mr. Bean, more like... Norm from Phineas and Ferb? Well anyway, I get up and check if I got a bruise but luckily I didn't. I turn around to see what I tripped over and see nothing. That's right, I tripped over my own feet. I sigh and start walking again, this time more carefully.

"Sophia! Over here!" I look up (I was just making sure I don't trip again, okay?) and see my friends in the distance. The one who shouted at me is my bestfriend, Carolina. Even from here I can see her wide smile, her long chocolate brown hair swaying from side to side. 

In a matter of seconds she embraces me in a bone crushing hug. I manage to get out a muffled "Hiiiiii"  as she pulls away and smirks at me. "You sure took your time" I smile back at her and greet my other friends that have been standing beside us, awkwardly. 

"Nice to see you Soph!" A girl my height says and gives me a quick hug as her golden curls bounce around. Her name is Marlene, I greet her with a kind smile, It's been a while since I've seen her because she was visiting her aunt in Sweden. As she steps away from me, a tall boy with stunning turquoise eyes and peachy hair wraps his arm around her waist. That's Marlene's boyfriend, Miles. "Hi there" He waves at me. "Hi, it's good to see you guys!" I state as my gaze shifts over to the last person in our group, Kylan. The most handsome guy I ever laid eyes on, I never liked him in any other way than as a friend though. He has fringe , raven hair with messy top and his emerald green eyes pair up with his thick, dark eyebrows. The piercing on his plump, pink lips moves upwards as he smirks down at me. Yeah, he is very tall as well. "We started thinking you might not want to hang out with losers like us anymore." He jokes. Marlene rolls her eyes while the others laugh at his bad joke. After exchanging a few more sentences with each other, we started heading towards Tom's and Dylan's Coffee Shop