zero state of mind

I saw you in my AP Calculus class, with your head in hands, staring. I thought you were the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on. I don't know what made me think that at first.

     Maybe it was your angel kissed lips, or your sculpted eyebrows that threw me for a loop; whatever it was, I'm glad you chose that exact moment to look up and grace me with your attention.

     Before I could let cowardice take over me I blurt out what I'm thinking,"Go out with me?" I don't regret blurting it out, but I do regret not taking my appearance into consideration this morning.

     You smile, that smile of yours that could kill the angels that kissed it before me, and reply with adventure in your eyes,"Why should I? I don't even know your name?" I was shocked at how you took my outburst into stride.

     "You can call me Amber, even though it's not my real name."

     You nod thoughtfully,"That still doesn't answer all my questions. Why should I go out with you?"

     "Simply, because you need me."

     Your laughter was amazing. It wasn't just the singing of the angels. No. It was the singing of the angels and the yelling of euphoria. I was astonished.

     "In all honestly, I think you're not ready for me."

     It was my turn to laugh. "Actually I think it's the other way around. You're not ready for me."

     "If, as you say, I'm not ready for you; why did you ask me out?" You raise an eyebrow, challenging my way of thinking.

     I give a moment to think of why I had an outburst like that. I shrug,"I truly don't know the answer to that question just yet."

     Your eyes dim with my answer,"Sadly, Amber, that's not a good reason for me."

——————

So this is my first story story, and I'm really nervous of putting it out there, because I know it's missing a lot of things ( like a lot, but please do keep in mind this is a rough draft of a rough draft.) But hopefully you'll see the potential that I see in it. Thank you for reading!!