Part 2

"We'll be on the look for her, ma'a-" The officer suggested.

"Please, please! You must find her! I-I I-I..." She burst into tears again, what was she going to do now? She was lost with the soul of her little one. She held the counter top stiffly, anger already surpassed her limits she was back to grief.

"We'll look for her." His soft voice comforted her, that's what she wanted to do, that's the least she could do. Was find her.

She sniffled away her tears, like a child receiving a gift after continuous fussing. She nodded agreeably.

They exited the police station. The busy streets of the bazaar filled with echoes of salesmen and customers on the busy day.

"Let's start looking for her here. What's her name?" He pealed his scarf away, droplets of sweat scattered on his forehead, luscious blonde hair, lips full and lightly glossed. His pale skin flushed in response to the beating heat.

"Anna..." She looked away shyly, her heart shamefully skipped a beat despite her situation.

"Six years old?" He confirmed.

She fitted her palms together nervously. "Yes."

"I'll look for her on this side, you can check the other. Let's meet back here around 15 minutes." He stared down at her, her eyes wavered to meet his impending ones.

She nodded and focused on her objective, water distorting her vision without a second as she asked every stranger.

"Have you seen a six-year-old named Anna Mrs.?"

"Sir, did you possibly see a lost six-year-old wandering around?"

Some looked at her in remorse while others did in irritation. She asked and asked and asked, they shook their heads and returned to their duties.

She wasn't tracking time, time was tracking her. A soft tap fixated on her shoulder. She couldn't perceive the feeling as she asked the next clerk selling textiles of all sorts. He couldn't understand her words jumbled together, he turned to leave but she held to his arm.

"S-ir! Please! I jus-" The elder man scrunched his nose and pushed her frail body to the ground. The young man who was intending to get her attention kneeled next to her quickly as she lost energy.

"You okay?" He placed his hands on her forearms, his knee supported her back. He wanted to accuse the older man of his actions but that wasn't crucial at the moment.

She glimpsed up as her bottom lip quivered, it was him again. Was her time already up?

She didn't respond back, she was too tired too. The trees began violently whirl around and she struggled to simply exhale.

"Wa-ter." She whispered.

Her hushed tone was minimum, but the way her mouth moved had him understand.

"Water! Anyone please!" He shouted to the nearest pedestrian, they understood the situation of the lying girl on his lap almost unconscious. He grabbed the water hastily from the individual, angling her head up so she could sip the liquid.

Her eyes gaining strength gradually, her eyes faltered to his as his settled on her dehydrated lips. Pieces of her long brunette hair was stuck near her mouth; his slender fingers swept the distractors back behind her red ear.

She finished the water, her breathing nearing to stability.

"Thank you." Her gaze was lost with his chocolate brown stare filled of a warmth that calmed her. His eyes shone like new growth on the boughs of the trees, free of moss, bright, youthful. His gaze was cool waters on flames, soft rain on petals, the sky lightening after a storm.

He fell into a spell he begun.

The crowd surrounding them clapped to their sight. Their magic broken, she stood up with his aid. Her body was still weak, a crushing pain swallowing her body with his touch. She clenched her eyes and blinked to steady herself.

They escaped the crowd slowly as she struggled to walk. The pain emerging on the side of her skull still stable.

He sat her on an outside stool, retained by the nearest kebob shop. He brought back plateful of foods and beverages to feed her.

"Eat." He said in clear terms. He munched on the assortments of meats. She wasn't hungry, looking at the food ached her, how could she eat without her?

"I'm fine." She said, her body embracing the chill breeze as night was approaching.

"This is our last meal. You should eat." He sipped water from the silver tin colored cup.

"Last meal?" Her eyes traced up to his shoulders, he didn't look at her, in silence he continued eating.

"There would be no reason to see you again. I have to go soon. My time is almost up."

Time was always the problem, if she could only travel back to time and fix everything. But if her misery didn't occur, she wouldn't be able to meet him...

Which was better?