Oh, Brother (1)

"Boo, why don't you go play with the kitty, yeah? I'll be a minute, just need to talk to Mom and Dad about something," I say to my little brother, lightly pushing him in the direction of his room. I have some serious business to talk about with our parents, and I ain't letting them get out of it this time.

I watch the tiny boy as he nods and scurries into the pastel-colored room, squeals and giggles being heard a few seconds later as the door closed softly. I sigh and turn around, hardening my face as I walk out the house where my parents sit nervously. "Martha, James," I call out in a hard voice.

He clears his throat as their shaky hands came in contact with his shoulder and a glare settles upon his hardened face. "You need to either learn how to be parents or get the fuck out," He growls out. The poor excuses of adults scoff and Martha quickly comes to face Jonathan. "Excuse me, I raised you! What's got your panties in a bunch?!"

"We," James corrects her hastily, giving her a side glance and then looking away from her. She hisses at him like a snake.

As they start fighting, I sigh in boredom. "Are you done yet?" I ask loudly. They shut up and point their beady eyes at me. "And what exactly is your business here? Get inside, now." The birth giver says to me. I blink a couple times in response.

"Don't you realize that I'm telling you to leave?" I tell them. "Go somewhere else, I nor Beaux need you anymore. You weren't our parents at all, if anything, just our sperm donor and birth giver," I say coldly. "We do not need you,"

They chuckle. "You think we care? Hell, if anything bad happened to you, I wouldn't even blink. It would just be a weight off our shoulders, anyway!" Martha exclaims. A fire begins in my chest as my inner demon lashes out at her in haste. "YOU WILL NOT SPEAK OF JONATHAN NOR BEAUX LIKE THAT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" He roars at her now shaking form.

She nods with a wobbling bottom lip and scurries down the driveway, dragging her husband with her. I notice a small -- and by small I mean gigantic -- spot on his pants. I laugh my ass off as I travel upstairs inside and into my baby boy's room. He jumps up in excitement and hugs my legs tightly as a squeal comes out his mouth.

"Hey bub," I chuckle. I pick him up and we sit on the bed with him placed on my lap with his hands around my neck and straddling me like a koala bear. I pull him back a little bit and check his eyes for the gold ring on his irises. I immediately see it and can't help but grin. I knew it!

Pure omega signs.

Soon enough, his eyes will be a mix of complete king's gold color and bright blue. That is the next step of those becoming a pureblood omega, which is just a step further than a regular omega.

See, the world works in mysterious ways. If you are born a pureblood omega, right before your 16th birthday, you will show signs. Signs of a pureblood omega include things like pure gold color appearing in the iris of said person, a more submissive nature is always present, having a petite and small frame, and being very sensitive to just about everything. If you are to be a regular omega, you have silver around your irises, a more independent nature (but still submissive), and a little bit taller than a pureblood.

Now, alphas are a different story. Most alphas like their mate to be purebloods, but if not, then an omega, period. Those special betas who are mated to an alpha dread their love lives. Mostly, because alphas need someone to need them. Betas do not need anyone to rely on for the majority of their lives, only a family to come home to and safety. If they don't have it, they make it for themselves. You see, betas are a step below all alphas. They are not very dependent nor submissive, just obedient and loyal.

When alphas get paired with other alphas, hell is expected to come.

That is why I plan to protect him from alphas and betas alike. I mean, not everyone is the same, and not everyone is angry all the time, but he is extremely special to me, and I couldn't imagine losing him. Especially because of someone losing their temper and beating the shit out of him. Hell, I'd be sent to prison for what I would do to those people.

"A-are you my daddy, now?" I hear an angelic voice say. I come out of my thoughts to see Beaux peering up at me with a nervous and confused face. "What do you mean, babe?" I ask. Did he hear anything?

"I heard Momma and yous yelling," He mumbles and bites his lip, unintentionally bringing my attention to said lip. Fiddling with the hem of my sweater that looks like a dress on him, he whimpers in anxious worry as I don't answer for a moment.

"If you want me to be, I will be your daddy, now. If you aren't okay with that, it's fine. But I am your older brother, and I will always love and protect you 'till my last breath. I will get you anything you want, honey-bun. And no one is going to stop me,"