{22} detention (final)

DISCLAIMER: there is a slight mention of blood in one part, it's not too bad but if you're sensitive don't read it!

You all stood in front of each other, each person facing their opponent. Yours, of course, was Peter. You stared into the white openings of his mask, wondering what he was thinking. Did he really wanna do this? You were kind of scared, you didn't want to hurt him and you didn't want him to hurt you, but you wanted more lives to be saved. You knew the government couldn't do that.

You looked beside you to see Steve, giving Tony the same look. In his eyes, you knew he felt the same way about Tony. He didn't want to hurt him, but he didn't want to be controlled by stuck up men in suits. It would do no good. You put your gaze back to Peter, apologizing to him with your eyes. You had a feeling he was doing the same.

"Nice outfit, shorty." Tony blurted our. You saw his eyes on you, as was everyone else. You looked down at your outfit, very similar to Black Windows- almost identical. You didn't feel like responding to his comment, instead you shot him a glare.

You saw Steve leave your side from the corner of your eye, which was the signal to go. You sprinted at Peter with him doing the same.

He began to throw a punch, but you grabbed his hand and flipped him over. He landed with a thud, grunting as he hit the ground. You sat on top of him, your left hand holding his chest down. As you got ready to punch his nose, he shot a web that trapped your hand. You flew off of him as he slung you to the side, hitting the pavement hard.

Peter got up, then used the web to pull you up. You were almost nose to nose, feeling his breath on your face. "Nice to see you." He said with sarcasm. You ignored him, remembering you came to fight, not to chat. You kneed him in the stomach as hard as you could, and he doubled over, giving you the chance to get on his back.

You wrapped your body around his back, your heels digging into his stomach. You wrapped the web around his neck, choking him. Peter gagged, doing his best to break the web. You wrapped your free arm around his neck once you saw this. It was working, you just had to hold him a bit longer, then you'd be able to help your team.

You suddenly felt a stinging pain on your left shoulder. You cried out in pain, feeling something hot drip down your back. You looked and saw three claw marks cut into your skin, blood seeping through your suit. You looked a bit farther behind you to see Black Panther about to pounce on you once more.

He dug his nails into the front your right shoulder, knocking you off of Peter. You screamed as you felt the sharp stinging pain it caused. T'challa pinned you to the ground, lifting his left hand in the air. He let his claws out, the sun reflecting off the vibranium into your eye.

Luckily, he was knocked off of you by Steve's shield. You felt a bit of relief when the claws came out of you, but it was soon over when the throbbing began. You looked over and saw him battling Natasha. Since he was busy, you decided to use the shield for yourself.

T'challa was also busy trying to get to his feet, so he wouldn't go for the shield. You got up as quick as you could, running to grab it, when a web caught it and pulled it away. You looked to your left and saw Peter holding the shield in his hand.

"You looking for this?" He asked, holding the shield out to you. You shot him a glare again, letting your eyes speak for you. You stomped towards him, thinking of your next attack as you did.

"What? A glare is all I get?" He pestered. He backed away, still holding the shield out to you. "Come on, Y/N. Talk to me." His voice was that of a tease, trying to irritate you more. You continued to stomp, picking up your speed.

"Come on, we're friends. Can't we just let bygones be bygones?" At that, you'd had enough.

"Wanda, can you help me out here?" You mumbled. Wanda heard the whole conversation through her earpiece, and she was irritated as well. She used her power to throw iron man across the lot, leaving her available for help.

"With pleasure." She said, her accent ringing in your ear. You saw a red aurora float around the shield, leading it into your hands. It faded away, Wanda smirking at the startled Peter.

"Thanks." You said smirking at him as well. You took a step towards him, before stopping when you saw a giant ant man hovering over you. You backed away, and your backing away turned into running. You looked behind you, seeing Peter and the "Iron Twins" as you called them, handling it.

*****

The battle was finally over, for now. You helped Wanda get up on her feet, then looked around the lot. It was pretty much empty, no one really in sight.

You spotted Peter, laying on the ground covering his eyes with his arm. You didn't know you did, but you had a hurt, apologetic look on your face. Now that the battle was over, you saw him as your best friend again. Wanda noticed this, and nudged your back.

"Go ahead." She said. You gave her a small smile, then walked over to him.

Peter laid there out of breath, wondering if he did alright. He then remembered you had been hurt pretty bad, which made him feel horrible. He wished he could've helped- he felt guilty for not helping.

Although his arm was over his eyes, he felt someone's presence near him. He removed his arm from over his eyes, seeing you standing and holding your hand out. Without hesitation, he grabbed your hand and allowed you to pull him up. He took off his mask so he could see better, then looked at your wounds.

"Oh goodness, these are pretty bad Y/N." He slightly touched your right shoulder wound, making you wince. He quickly removed his thumb while apologizing frantically.

"It's fine. I'll get fixed up later." You replied. There was a moment of silence between the two of you, both of you staring into each other's eyes. You never thought it would come to this- fighting your best friend, becoming an enemy to him. It was the one thing you'd never wanted. Peter was the only friend who'd never hurt or turned his back on you, and now you face each other as rebels.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way. If I were Tony....this isn't how I would handle it." He said. You nodded in response. "I'm sorry I didn't help you, too. I don't really have an excuse..." he trailed off, looking at the ground.

"It isn't your job to help....not anymore." You replied, a lump forming in your throat.

"Y/N, lets go." Wanda called through your ear piece. You sighed, patting Peter on the shoulder.

"Take care."

Peter nodded, not wanting to say anything else. At that you turned away, facing the truth of the situation:

He didn't matter anymore.

*****

Wow, Detention is finally over, and not with a happy ending. I would keep it going, but there isn't really much left to do in the story. I hope you guys enjoyed!

Also, this was my first time writing a fight scene so I'm sorry if it's like super bad, I tried my best 😅

Thank you for reading everyone! Bye!