Save the Last One

The High School

Deciding to break through the doors of the high School, the three men, race through the abandoned building as the small horde follow once more, having finally broken through the gate. Unfortunately the further they get the deeper it is to escape their doom as all the exits are blocked forcing the three to turn left, deeper and deeper into the once vibrant building.

The Farm

"Rick, just... You've got to keep your strength up." Lori whispers, trying to coax Rick into eating the food left for him.

"Lori, did you... I mean, it was legendary. Did you ever hear about the time Shane stole Kingsley's car?" Rick says as he sits in the chair where he usually gives the blood, only this time there are no needles sticking in his skin

"Yeah." She whispers back as she sits next to her sun on the side of the bed, gently stroking the young boys hand

"The Principal's car right out of the teacher's lot in the middle of a school day. Shane steps out of lunch and makes a beeline to Kingsley's Hyundai... Wires the ignition, peels out, drives down Dylan drive to that chicken farm out there. You've heard this before, right? So he pulls it into one of the big holding pens. Kingsley, he waxed that thing every month; had the auto shop vacuum it out every week. Shane, he parks it in this huge pen with a couple of hundred Rhode Island reds. He busts open bags of seed in the back seat, rolls down all the windows, and then starts sprinting back to school. It's three miles away easy. He's back in time to finish his sandwich before the bell. And then the bell rings. Shane gets up and when he runs into Kingsley in the hallway he looks out the window and says, "Principal Kingsley, your coupe's gone... Coupe, like chicken coop."

"I get it"

"Of course you do. You've heard this story 1000 times. What you said before, you're right. Shane's gonna make it back with what the doctor needs. He'll make it back."

"Hershel said you need to eat" Lori reminds her husband

"Carl's gonna be all right." Rick replies

"Please, for me. You've got to keep your strength up" Lori almost begs. Rick, finally hearing his wife's words, picks up the sandwich and begins to slowly eat; savouring the tastes that he had began to miss.

The Highway

Laying in the back of the Toyota Camry, Liam and I stay wrapped up in each other with him laying along the back seats and I am wedged slightly between him and the back rest, although I am mostly laying on top of him with my head on his shoulder. Holding my hand out, I stare up at the ring once again wrapped around my finger

"How bad was it?" I ask in a whisper

"Nothing I couldn't handle, I just wish I could have gotten a message to you quicker" Liam mumbles back as to not wake the sleeping Redneck in the front seat.

"What happened to your walkie?"

"When Soph broke her leg, I knew I had to get away fast, there were a lot more walkers than I would have liked. We were still being chased when her foot knocked against the side of me, kicking off my radio, I would have stopped to get it but walkers were to close so I kept running we ended up in a creek, I guess the pain was too much for Soph and she passed out. I never noticed she dropped her doll until we found the cave?"

"What about the walkers?" I mumble

"I lost them around that time but I just kept running further into the woods. Ethan and Jack found us the next morning in the cave"