Chapter thirty

"The fact is for all we know they could all be dead - or worse" Theo huffed "What could be worse then death?!" Malia growled "being put back in the trails, duh" "can we kill him?" Malia seethed "it's true - what if we find out where they're hiding and they're dead? What if we can't get them back?" Liam asked "we're getting them back" Malissa snapped "we got them back once. We'll do it again" "we didn't get anyone back though - you got the body back but not them. That's what they do - they destroy people. Turn them into what they want them to be" Theo spoke losing his patience.
"That's easy for you to say you've never cared for anyone in your life" Malia snapped causing Theo to huff.
"Why am I always the bad guy?" "Join the club" Peter huffed as everyone shot him a glare "see!"

"Why did you show me?" I asked as Ava walked into my room, "let's call it guilt" she spoke lowly causing me to snort.
"Do you even know what guilt means?"
"I never wanted this much death - I just wanted a cure Thomas" "was Chuck immune?" I asked ignoring her comment.
"Yes. Chuck was immune."
"Then why would you kill him?" I asked with no emotion.
"It was Jansens idea - thought it would give you more stimulation. Though I can say the results were rather quite disappointing" Ava replied.
"My reaction disappointed you? I'm sorry how would you of liked me to react!?" I snapped.
"That's not what I meant - I meant it didn't provide the stimulation we needed" Ava explained as I nodded my head.
"You promised your friends wouldn't come for you" "they're not."
"You seem to forget Thomas - you may have blown a large proportion of us up, but I still have people. Those very people have reported back to me saying they've seen a group of people making their way here. Two of those fitting the description of Newt and Minho" Ava spoke firmly.
"Really?"

"What am I supposed to do about this Thomas? I don't want to kill them - but if Jansen finds out -" "you haven't told him?" I asked shocked

"This is why you're my favourite - you're not afraid to do what is needed, even if it's not the right thing to do" Ava smiled sadly before standing up.

"The procedure is set to happen in the morning - I'll come and collect you personally" she smiled before leaving the room but not locking it.

"How are we even going to get in there? The security is insane" Lydia spoke looking at the building.
"We're gonna blow it up." Minho seethed.
"Right well come on we need to get at least a little rest before we go all guns blazing. We'll go in the morning" Newt spoke firmly as everyone agreed but Minho.
"Minho?" "He shouldn't be in there. Why should we wait till morning? You don't know what they do" Minho snapped.
"I know exactly what they do okay? But we're of no use to Tommy if we can't fight properly are we?" Newt replied as Minho huffed.
"We're leaving first thing."