Author's Note

This is a piece of pure experimental writing. 

I was not too sure of posting it but then decided that the readers should judge it, both on the style and content. In fact I am not even sure what to call it. It was the serial track and this specific quote that started me off.

"Have you ever thought that if one thing had not happened, a whole set of things never would have, either? Like dominoes, a single event kicked off an unstoppable series of changes that gained momentum and spun out of control and nothing was ever the same again." 

(-unknown)

I wonder if everyone does it. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. I do, often, most of the time, maybe, all the time. And, when I run out of real life incidents, I turn to reel life situations and start wondering, do the characters ever pause and ponder on the course of their actions?

 This is partly the fault of the creatives who often sacrifice content at the altar of melodrama. We have never had a single scene or a series of events, where the characters actually mull over their actions, exception being the brilliant monologues for Sanskaar, which again dwell only on his relationship with Swara.

Whilst I agree that it (his relation with Swara) is the primary relation, I would love it if they could give us snippets as to how his relations with the other members of his family affect him. But then, given the limitations of the serial, I am aware that this is not possible. And there was no hope of expecting any insights into the minds of the other characters.

So I ended up writing this rambling narrative, which could be loosely classified as a Vignette, an attempt to see if I could identify the state of their emotions, or rather it is what I feel they could be thinking. All the four leads, irrespective of whether we like them or not, adore or abhor them, are going through the pangs of bitterness, resentment, discomfort, anger, disappointment, guilt and sadness.

And at one point, they would be anguished at the sight of their personal misery (which is what the title means, in Czech) and would indulge in introspection, asking themselves these questions:

"What exactly happened that I am where I am? And how do I go forward from here? "

I have set this at a point after the Nikhil /Swara/Sanskaar confrontation and before the ignominy Swara faces in the hands of Uttara's prospective in laws. I am aware that Laksh's whereabouts are not known, but that should not prevent him from introspecting his actions.

Each section is titled after the emotion which is present or should result from such introspection by the respective character.

I am aware that few RagLak fans would attempt to read and most of the SwaSan fans would, more likely than not, skip the parts pertaining to Ragini and Laksh. As a SwaSan fan, I can understand, but as a writer, I would be grateful if you read the entire narrative.

Finally my intention is not to be judgmental about any of the characters.

And please, do give me a very frank assessment; it could go a long way in curbing my scripturient bouts.

And as always, all feedback is welcome.

love,

Nyna