Chapter 9

"Do I look okay, John?" Sherlock asked, coming out of their bathroom in a tight purple shirt with black trousers.

"You look like you always do, Sherlock. Amazing." John said, pulling his coat over his shoulders and walking over to Sherlock. "Your hair is a little to flat, though. Let me fix it." John said, standing on his tiptoes to reach the top of Sherlock’s head. He ran his fingers through his hair, the way he knew Sherlock liked. Sherlock blushed at John. "Why are you worried, anyway? It’s your mum; she'll accept you into her house anyway." John stated. "Still, John. She is the most important person in my life. That is, besides you." Sherlock said, smiling at John. John smiled back and turned towards the door. "John." Sherlock said on John started to turn the doorknob.

"What now, Sherlock?" John said, turning around to face Sherlock.

"You forgot your phone, Smart one."

"Shut up." John joked at Sherlock as he walked towards him and pulled him down into a kiss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sherlock. Calm down." John said as they sat in the cab on their way to Sherlock's mother's new flat. Sherlock sat next to John, worry clear on his face. Sherlock didn’t reply, but looked at John. John looked down at his hands. He felt the cab slow down to a stop. He was surprised when Sherlock slipped his hand into John’s.

John held tight and pulled Sherlock out of the cab, along with the two book bags they packed, and up to the front door of a flat with the address of 221B Baker Street. Sherlock looked at John with a questionable look on his face. John nodded at Sherlock, shifting the weight of the bags. When Sherlock knocked, the door opened almost suddenly to a woman who didn’t look too young, but also not too old.

"Sherlock!" His mother cried bringing him in for a tight hug. Sherlock blushed in embarrassment, but his mom didn’t seem to notice. "And you must be John Watson!" She said when she finally let go of Sherlock. "Yes Ma'am." John smiled at Sherlock’s mom, and offered to shake her hand. "Oh! None of that here, John!" She said, and pulled John into an embrace like she had Sherlock. "Well, come inside, you two! We don’t want my boy and his best mate catching a cold!" She joked and walked in. Sherlock followed, and John followed after him.

He leaned forward and whispered to Sherlock, “You haven’t told her, have you?"

"Not exactly..." Sherlock said, turning towards John with puppy dog eyes.

"Sherlock!" John half whispered, half yelled.

"I'm going to tell her now!" Sherlock shot back  "Go to the guest room, I don’t want you to hear." Sherlock said, sending John a stern look. "Fine." John snapped.

"Mum, could you tell John were the guest room is?" Sherlock asked his mother once they entered her flat. "Of course! Down the hall on the left!" She said to John, smiling.

"Could I talk to you, please?" Sherlock barely whispered to his mother. "What’s wrong, dear?" His mother asked, leading him to the couch.

"Well, I haven’t told you something..."

"You can tell me anything, dear! You know that." She said, smiling. Sherlock smiled back.

"Well, John and I have been going together for a couple weeks now... I just thought you should know."

"Sherlock! That’s wonderful news! Your first relationship is with your best friend! And he seems like such a nice man! I'm so happy!" His mother said excitedly.

"Really? I thought you wouldn’t be accepting."

"Oh Sherlock! That was only when I was with your father! I'm a very open minded woman, you forget. Now, go get John Watson, You, me and your new boyfriend are going out to dinner!"