Chapter 9

I stared at Jack with my mouth hanging open, letting his words sink it. Everything suddenly clicked. This was why Jack was always such a dick at work. My mind was reeling, as I tried to figure out what to say.

"I..Jack, what are you gonna do?"I said finally.

Jack laughed humorlessly and for the first time picked his head up to look at me. "I have no fucking idea. This business is the only thing I have. I'll be out on the streets in a matter of weeks without it!" He sighed for what seemed like the millionth time since his confession. "Help me, Alex." Even though he said my name, it was like he wasn't even talking to me; it was like I wasn't even there and he was just talking to anyone who would listen.

I ran my hand through my messy hair and tried to figure out how I was going to make Jack feel better. Without thinking, I said something that I knew I would probably regret but I still didn't care. Jack needed this. "Come to New York with me."

Jack's eyes widened. "What?"

"You heard me. Come back to New York with me. Just for a couple of days. Maybe it'll get your mind off things and then we can figure out what we're gonna do about this little situation that we somehow got stuck in."

"Alex, I can't just leave. You know that."

I shook my head, dismissing the idea. "You're right, Jack. I'm sorry I was just trying to help. It's a stupid idea."

Jack smiled slightly. "Thanks though. It really means alot that you would still try and help me even after I was such a dick."

I nodded and stood up. "I'm gonna go pay and then we should probably be heading back."

We were standing outside the store, the lights on the inside turned off and the Open sign in the front window still turned off. I reached to open the door when Jack's hand stopped him.

"Alex.... about that kiss earlier...."

I smiled nervously at him. "Don't worry about it, Jack. You were just excited that they won."

He shook his head. "Well, that was partly it but. . . Alex, why did you kiss back?"

I couldn't help but laugh at the question. "Well, usually when a hot guy starts kissing me, my gay hormones usually kick in and say 'KISS THAT MOTHERFUCKER BACK!'" 

Jack laughed and shook his head. "You're fucking weird, you know that?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, I know."

"But do you really think I'm hot?"

I leaned back against the glass of the door and eyed up and down Jack's body as he stood there awkwardly. "Yeah, I do actually." Jack blushed a deep shade of red and ran his fingers through his already messy hair.

"Come on. Lets go in,"He said pushing past me and walking inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, I sat at the foot of  my bed thinking about what I was going to do about this whole Jack situation. Deep down I knew what I was going to do all along but I just couldn't put it into words. I had the money to do it, I had the guts to do it, and I like Jack enough to do it. So I am going to do it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had the day off today so I decided that I would go ahead and do what needed to be done because this could be the only chance I had to do it. 

I walked slowly down to the bank, keeping my hand on the check book that was in my pocket. What was I even going to say when I got there? Was I going to tell Jack? No, probably not. He would figure it out on his own eventually.

"Hi, may I help you?"The lady at the front desk said, smiling at me and pushing her glasses farther up on the bridge of her nose.

"I... yeah. My friend's business is going out of business. I wanna pay to keep it open."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh shit! Look at Alex being the amazing guy that he is. :3 

I am really not happy with how this chapter turned out but fuck it. I've kept you guys waiting long enough and I'm too impatient to go write it again. *shrug* 

Thanks for reading! Votes and comments make me horny. ;D