chapter 15

RYAN P.O.V
      As the flames danced before me, a twisted satisfaction filled my being. The power I held in that moment was intoxicating. Seeing Kylie's fear, her desperation to escape, only fueled my dark desires. The burning scene was a testament to my control, a reminder that I held her fate in my hands. In that moment, I reveled in the chaos I had created, knowing that she would forever be under my dominion.

Why was I even mad about this silly thing? I need to control my anger before it gets out of hand. I shouldn't be the one to harm her. I can't stoop to her level. I just want her to face the consequences and be held accountable by the police. But was I really jealous? Absolutely not! I can't be envious of such a foolish girl. It seems like she's enduring the pain because she thought I would set her free after the divorce. Well, Kylie, I'm sorry, but you'll never find the freedom you're seeking.

********

After she finished ironing his shirts, she went straight to his room to put them in the drawer. That's when she noticed Ryan on the balcony and went to check what he was doing out there. It was the first time she saw him alone in that spot.

Just as he was about to leave, he saw her bag, which was open. He picked it up from the floor and looked inside to see what was in there. That's when he realized Kylie was hiding behind the door.

He decided to act like he hadn't seen her and said loudly, "I need to check what's in this bag. This girl might have stolen my stuff without me knowing."

"That murderer can do anything to destroy me," he said angrily, throwing her clothes and belongings. Kylie overheard his words and fought back tears, not wanting Ryan to discover her hiding place. She couldn't bear to witness him discarding her things like that.

Realizing it would be best to leave the room before he spotted her, she prepared to make her exit. However, Ryan interrupted her with a cold tone, calling out, "Where do you think you're going? Stop hiding and come here."

"I don't want to make things worse for myself," I did, complying with his demand.

"This bag, I want it out of my house right now."

"N-no!" I quickly shouted.

"Please, don't make me do this. I have so many important things in there, Ryan."

"Why the fuck are you raising your voice over this stupid bag? Throw this bag out of my house now," he said, angrily throwing the bag at me.

She took the bag from him and noticed he was holding something in his hand. "W-what's that in y-your hand?" she stammered.

"You'll find out tomorrow, just be patient," he replied, walking past her.

She felt a mix of curiosity and apprehension at his mysterious response. Her mind raced with questions, but she knew she would have to wait until tomorrow for answers. The anticipation weighed heavily on her, making it hard to focus on anything else.