NCIS

It swirled around him. With every waft, whether it be a breath or the cool air spiraling in and out of the room, it got dangerously close. Exotic and already complete with its dangerous dance before Tony can pour the water over his head. 

He's weak.

He can tell, he can feel it taking his body over. It

He can hear Kate leave him. 

He struggles in the arms of the doctors but to no avail, she continues her path out of the room. It feels clingy to want her. To want her here, to hold his hand to make him feel like he's not just a sick guy in a bed. He wants to be a loved man. Someone that has people hoping he makes it. 

His head hits the pillow and his eyes close. 

He's just a man... who aches.

"Tony, can you hear me?"

'I can hear ya', boss. Real question is, can I answer you?' He's not sure how, or from where he gets the energy but he manages a short, shaky response. "I'm listening, Boss."

His vision is blurry to the point that if it weren't for the warmth that his boss is radiating and the unmistakable scent of Jethro Gibbs, Tony might not have been able to track the man down.

It's scary. He can't see Gibbs. It's scary to know that someone is there and yet not be able to see them. To truly feel their thereness.

He'd never say so but if Gibbs stayed, Tony would feel safe. If he had the strength he might have reached up himself in some desperate attempt to ask Gibbs to stay with him but he can't even keep his eyes open. 

"You will not die."

An order. Tony blinks once more and his eyes slide shut. It was an order, his mind cries. 

Gibbs pats his head but it is so light that he hears it more than he feels it. 

In any other circumstance, Tony might have smiled and accused of Gibbs of going soft. Then again, maybe he is dying. Why else would Gibbs be so soft?

His attention is diverted by the warm breath of his boss on his cheek. "You. Will. Not. Die."

It takes more effort than he thought ever possible to answer but he finds an ounce of strength in pleasing his boss. It's just enough to whisper back," Gotcha, boss." 

'Pricked like a pincushion' not that long ago that small joke had been humorous. It was simple and so... DiNozzo.

Now...

He's not alone.

He pulls his eyes open. Gibbs. Everyone is here. Right there. So close.

He. Is. Not. Alone.

He's a man who is loved and who they need.

Who they want.

A lopsided grin sweeps across his face and for the first time in what feels like forever Anthony DiNozzo drifts off to sleep. A peaceful slumber because he is loved and no one will ever be able to put to words how good that feels.

S.H.

Well that's that. If you dont like it, suggest another. If you do like it suggest another. I'll write anything.

Pls like and comment. I really really like comments. I practically live off of them.