Steve Rogers x Reader

You were getting worried. Steve was supposed to be home an hour ago. He wouldn't pick up his phone when you called or texted him. It was 10pm and you were very tired, so you fell asleep on the couch.

Startled, you woke up. There was someone in your bedroom. You crept into your room and saw Steve. He was changing into a pair of pajama pants. "Hey there sailer," you said seductively. "Oh, hey. I didn't want to wake you so-" "No, it's fine. I was just worried. Where the hell were you?" You asked. "First of all, language," you rolled your eyes. "Second of all, I went to the prison to break out the rest of the team." Steve told you. "And where are they?" Then you heard familiar voices from the bathroom. "Hey Rogers, got any shampoo?" "No, Sam, I'm using it!" "I'm sorry, I didn't knew w ants had hair!" Sam and Scott screamed at each other. "Will you a-holes stop yelling, I'm trying to get some sleep!" Came Clint's voice from the spare bedroom. "Come on, let's go to bed." Steve said.

He led you into your bedroom and helped you change. Then he got changed as well and the two of you climbed into bed. He put his arm around you and pulled you close. Before long his breathing evened out. But you couldn't seem to fall asleep. You were too busy thinking. What if someday he doesn't come back? Then I'll never be able to experience this again. You burst into tears. Steve suddenly awoke, fearing the worst.

"Woah, Y/N! What's wrong sweetheart? I'm here, you're ok!" You explained to him why you were scared of him leaving. "Look doll, I know I go away a lot. I'm sorry, but it's my job. Just know, there will never be a day when I don't return to you. I may get injured, but I'll never leave you." Steve told you. You kissed him deeply and hugged him tight. "Let's go back to sleep hon." He said.

After about 5 more minutes of him rubbing your back, you were finally drifting off. You noticed that he was still awake. "Stevie?" You asked. "Yeah?" "Promise me you won't die out there while saving the world?"

"Always."