Twenty-Two

Liana was sitting up in bed, watching TV as Chris still was asleep. She was supposed to be enjoying a movie, having a moment to just relax, but she couldn’t. For one, the man that she was falling for was supposed to be her first murder victim or they both were gonna be Blacks, secondly, she was up puking her insides out half the night and couldn’t exactly pinpoint why…but she had a pretty good idea and it made her skin crawl.

Her mind was so clouded with a billion and one thoughts that she didn’t notice when Chris got outta bed and went to the bathroom, redressed and was out in twenty minutes tops. “Yo.” He snapped his fingers in her face, getting her attention. “What’s up with you? I’ve been talking and you ain’t respond not once.” He frowned, cocking his head back.

“I’m sorry, I was day dreaming.”

“Well stop and get dressed.” He pecked her lips and walked to the door. “I owe you a date.”

                                                                            ~

After stopping at Chris house for him to change his clothes and he begged Liana to make them breakfast, they were on their way back out the door. Chris gave Liana the option to pick wherever she wanted to go and she decided on Six Flags. “I wanna get on that roller coaster.” Chris said in a child-like voice and pointed to the Viper.

“I’ll pass.” Liana mumbled, still dizzy from the ride they just got off.

“You picked this place; we’re getting on all this shit.” Chris laughed, grabbing her hand and pulling her to size chart. “Hm, you barely make it.”

Liana laughed, pushing him away and rolling her eyes. “Shut the fuck up!” she stuck her tongue out and grabbed his hand as they stood in line to get on the ride. When they got off, Liana felt the breakfast, funnel cake, and everything else she ate making its way back up and she needed to get to a bathroom quick. “Hold on.” She quickly mumbled when they passed a rest room. Chris nodded, sitting on a bench and pulling out his phone to check his messages as Liana rushed in the bathroom. As soon as she got to a stall, she hovered over it and threw up everything. It took her a few moments to get herself together and when she did, she flushed and left out the stall. She sighed and pushed her hair back and looked up and was struck frozen.

On the mirror in a bold black ink it said: 13 days. She quickly looked around and didn’t see nor hear anything and without hesitation, she ran out the bathroom, nearly knocking a lady and her daughter down. “What’s wrong?” Chris asked, standing up as Liana ran to him with a pale face.

“I wanna go home.” She whispered, looking around and seeing nothing but smiling faces and little kids. Her paranoia clicked in and she felt like everyone was watching her. “Chris, take me home!” she shouted, stomping her foot when he didn’t move.

“What the fuck just happened?” he pushed her back, looking around like Liana did just seconds ago. “Did somebody do something to you?”

“No, I’m just tired and I wanna go home.”

Chris glared at her for a moment before rolling his eyes. “I’m tired of you keeping all these fucking secrets and shit.” He grabbed her hand, yanking her towards the exit. “I’m getting tired of all this bullshit.” He mumbled, too low for her to hear.

When they got back to Chris’ house, they went inside and Liana sat on the couch as Chris went upstairs. She looked around and quickly got up and went upstairs. She suddenly remembered the last time she was there and she didn’t want to be anywhere but under Chris right now. “Babe,” she called out as she went in his room. He was sitting on the bed, making a phone call.