Nothing Lasts Forever - a Thatsojack Fanfiction

I walk up to the front door of my house, taking a deep breath and pulling it open. Hiding a crumpled up piece of paper in my right sleeve, I go inside, and pass quietly through the kitchen.

"Lina." My mom says sharply, making me jump. "Hey Mom." I reply, shuffling towards the hallway outside my room. "How was school today?" She asks. "Great." I lie. She nods, and I take that as my okay to escape. I'm just walking away when she stops me. "What's that you've got in your sleeve, Lina?" I bite my lip. "It's, ah, it's a.. Referral." "A discipline referral?" I nod. "But it wasn't my fault, Mom- I swear- I just fell asleep in class!" My mom shakes her head at me. "Lina, you stayed up late last night on your phone, didn't you?" I shrug. "Alaina!" She says through her teeth. "Okay, okay, yeah. But only because Jack-"

She cuts me off. "It's always him! You don't even know him! What is he to you! Some kind of idol! That's just stupid, Lina. Stupid. Give me your phone and go to your room. You're grounded. "

I throw my phone down, running in my room and locking the door. She doesn't get it, nobody does. Nobody fucking likes me. My "friends" hang out all the time, but am I ever invited? Nope. I'm so awkward nobody wants to talk to me, so I just don't talk at all. My twitter account is the only place where people like me, and that's why i stay up late talking to my real friends.

Great. Now what am I going to do with my night? I sit on the floor, laying my head against the wall. I bite my lip, tears forming in my eyes. Is this really what my life has come to? Crying over my phone? Pathetic. That's what I am. Just pathetic. I blink hard, standing up. "Stop crying Lina, it's just a stupid website."

My eyes dart to the side, and a small book catches my eye. I grin, noticing the giant pizza sticker on the front. I know exactly what this is. About a year and a half ago, I started scrapbooking every time something big happened for Jack. There's his, 5, 10, 25, and 50k subscriber count. There's his selfie with Harry Styles. As I flip through the pages, I realize something. I've spent so much time on a person that hardly knows I exist, Everything else has been put on hold.

It's a sad thought, but a true one. I lost touch with most of my friends, I'm not in any clubs or sports, all I look forward to is coming home and going on twitter.

I take a deep breath, and shrug it off. Playlist is in a week. I'm going to meet Jack, and then all this will be worthwhile. It will.

I really hope it will.