Close Encounters

Chapter One:

Hi, my name is Baily Shay Wilhoit, and up until a couple days ago my life was completely normal.

I was walking around the halls of my school with my best friend Sharii. It was.just a normal day. A day filled with boring, incredibly useless classes, talks about cute boys, and pointless drama. Like I said a normal boring day.

"Do you realize how completely boring our lives are?" My beautiful blonde best friend complained. "Neither one of us has a boyfriend. Our only other friend is Josh, and he's not that entertaining. We hardly ever leave our houses. We never go to parties. We go three places: your house, my house, and the bookstore. Seriously Baily! We are the biggest LOSERS in the world!"

I skillfully hid my face as I rolled my eyes. We walked by our lockers for the fourth time. Shari had made the same rant, same words, everthing six times already today.

"I like being a loser. I like our lives." I giggled as she glared at me.

"I'm serious Baily! We are losers!" Sharii cried, her voice getting louder with every word.

"Then we should do something about it." I said stopping ay my locker, and quickly opening.

"Like wh- oh hello. Hottie at two o'clock." Sharii looked at me and winked.

"What? Ohhhhh." I said turning to look behind her. Coming in this direcrion was Bray; the most handsome boy in our grade, and his best friend, Carter. The second most handsome boy in our grade after Bray.

You would think that being as handsome as they are that they would be complete players, but surprisingly they aren't. Not that they haven't had offers because they have. Plenty of them, but they always always turn them down.

Suddenly I noticed that i was looking into the deep dark soulfull eyes of Bray Charleston. He gave me a slight smile before returning to his conversation with Carter.

"He was sooo looking into your soul." Sharii sighed.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, giving Sharri a slight shake of the head before returning to my locker. I grabbed my books, Sharii by the arm, and headed in the direction of class.

Four hours later, school was finally over and I was walking through the front door of my beautiful two story house.

"Mom?" I called out, wondering if for once she was actually going to be home. But i received no answer. Fucking figures.

My mother was never home. She was home twice every month, maybe. My mother isn't the best parental figure in the world. Not that I really mind, I'm more of an individual person, I like being alone.

I through my bag on the floor and the keys to my 2009 Honda Accord on the counter, then slowly made my way to my bedroom.

I changed from my super adorable school outfit, to the hidious outfit I'm forced to wear to work. I work at the local vet office, as a secretary. It's not the best job in the world, but it isn't horrible, and it pays a decent money. Enough for after about three months of working there i was able to put a down payment on my car. Used, of course.

That night, it was crazy busy and I had to stay later then normal. I live, maybe ten minutes from my work. So I normally walk to work, and that night was no exception.

I walked out and into the beautiful moon glow. I love night time, it's so beautiful and peaceful. I looked up at the sky for a kinute before popping in my earbuds and putting my Ipod on my favorite band 'Kings of Leon', high enough to block out any outside noise, but not high enough to hurt my ears.

I wasn't paying any attention. I never do. I was taking an old backroad that no one ever drove on. I've been working at the vets for ten months or more and I've never seen anyone on this road.

So that was the reason I was playing 'doodle jump' instead of watching where I was going, and that's why I didn't see the oncoming headlights before it was too late...