Writing Prompts

Hey guys! I haven't updated this in forever, but I was thinking that sometimes when I get stuck, writing prompts just help me get things going. 

First I wanted to say, that if you would like a real workbook with amazing writing prompts and exercises for writing, you should check out "Write Short to Succeed" by Conda Douglas on Amazon. It's way more helpful than the rest of this chapter will be ;) I left an external link for it, and it's free if you have Kindle Unlimited and 5 bucks otherwise, which trust me, is a worthwhile investment for those of us doomed to spend out lives staring at blank screens and pages XD

Ok, back to it now. 

Flannery O'Connor once said, "Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days."  I'd like to amend that, Anybody who has survived high school has enough information about life to last him a thousand lives XD

But wait! After you read the prompts and find which ones speak to you, close your eyes and go back in time. Remember EVERYTHING. What color was the wallpaper? What was the weather like that day? What did you smell, hear, feel, taste? Let me ask you this: Have you ever got caught in a lie because you were too vague? Well, do the opposite here, bring as much detail as you can, and don't worry how it sounds, just write and recall (ok and invent a little, we're writers after all!) and go wild!

Writing Prompt #1: What is the meanest thing anyone ever did to you in high school? (or  substitute middle school if you aren't in high school) 

Writing Prompt #2: What is the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you in high school? 

Writing Prompt #3: Who was you first love and how did it end? (or did it even start? lol)

Writing Prompt #4: Describe what an average day of high school is/ was like for you with as much detail as possible. (this sounds dumb, but going to an American high school, growing up I loved stories of British boarding schools and really wanted to attend one XD Ok maybe I just wanted to meet a prince, so sue me. My point is that your experience might seen boring to you, but could be really really cool to someone else ;)

Writing Prompt #5 What do you think other people "labeled" you as in high school? (ex. nerd, geek, popular..) What would you label yourself?

I'd love if you guys would respond in the comments! Remember this is to get the juices flowing and practice, so don't worry about sounding smart or grammar, just WRITE!

Looking forward to your guys responses.... and yes, I'll be writing out mine too XD

Anything else you all want to know about for how to be successful on Wattpad? let me know and I can add some more sections to this booklet ;)

Best, 

Hannah