Chapter Two // Home and Back Again

Walking up the porch, I arrive back at my house. I drop my bag by the door and put my keys in the basket. Practically running over to the fridge, I open it up and look around. Maybe some apple slices? I also take some peanut butter with me, and head to my room. My blue walls immediately calm my nerves as soon as I walk in. Grabbing the remote, I lay back and turn the tv on. HGTV for hours...and no one can judge me!
*incoming call*
"Hey it's Jess."
"Hey babe, it's Sarah. You home?"
"Uh yeah why?"
"Can you come back to school?"
"Ugh why?! I literally just laid down."
"Fine fine you don't have to. I'm good now."
"Okay...bye babe."
"Bye!"
*end call*
Well that was weird. She's never done that before. I slowly drift off to sleep....
*next day, Saturday*
I wake up, feeling the sun on my face. Ha! I fell asleep still in my clothes from yesterday. Wow I was tired. I grab a quick change of clothes, and head to the bathroom to freshen up.

 I grab a quick change of clothes, and head to the bathroom to freshen up

Heading downstairs, I find my mom making some breakfast.
"Hey sweetie! I came home and you were out of it."
"Yeah yesterday was exhausting."
"Aww I bet. High school's tough."
"Tell me about it. Anyway, do we still have tea?"
"Yep. You want your milky tea you weirdo?" said my mom with a wink.
"Yes, yes I do."
"Okay. I'll make you a quick cup along with some pancakes."
"Thanks momma! I'm gonna head back to my room and just chill for a little bit."
"Alright. Do you have any plans today."
"Nothing actually, although Sarah wants to go see Jumanji tonight. Maybe we'll go to the mall for a bit before."
"Okay. Just tell me when you're heading out. I need to pick up your sister around 3."
"Will do, thanks."
My little sis, Dove, was at a friend's house for some dance competition she has tomorrow. I'm probably going to go just for moral support. Sitting on my bed, I open Netflix on the tv.
"Ooo Starstuck. Can't go wrong with that!"
I click on my favorite Disney Channel movie and listen to it while scrolling through Instagram. This is the reason why I wish I had a boyfriend. He would come over all the time, watch movies with me, it would be amazing. I've seen all those cute Tumblr couples who go to carnivals and vacations, which makes me super jealous. Even Sarah has a boyfriend, but he's somehow okay with her messing around all the time. I've only messed around a couple times, but it never goes that far.
*tomholland2013 just posted a photo*
I quickly click on the notification and see Tom Holland throwing a knife into a log on the ground with his best friend Harrison by his side, of course. I've seen Tom in a couple of movies like The Lost City of Z, In the Heart of the Sea, and of course Spiderman-Homecoming. He's actually a really good actor, and not that bad looking... I think he's on the set of Chaos Walking right now. Coincidentally, it's my favorite book. Turning off my phone, I look at the tv and watch Christopher Wilde singing to Jessica at her high school dance. Time passes by really fast, stupid Instagram.
*incoming call*
"Hey Sarah. What's up?"
"Hi! You thinking about later?"
"Haha very funny. I'm still thinking, but I probably will. I mean I've got no plans and I'm extemely bored."
"Yesss. We can meet up at the mall and get some new outfits if that's alright with you."
"Yeah sure, I'll meet you there around 4?"
"Okay! Bye Jess.
"Bye"
*end call*
I guess you were seeing Kendrick Lamar tomorrow night. Maybe Sarah has a point. I need to stop moaning over not having a boyfriend and go out there and find one. I promise that tomorrow I will go out and try. The concert probably isn't the best place to look, but at least it's a start. ...God I hope I can find someone...