«Chapter 4»

______________________________________
Everyone around the table looks at Lennon like she was crazy, all except Anakin.

Anakin put his hand up, and pointed at himself, "Me? You want me to state my opinion?" he asked, and Lennon smiled at him,

"Well of course, you are Anakin, aren't you?" she says, and Anakin smiles at her.

"Like on slavery, or on you joining on the republic?" he asked, and Lennon sat down, "Well, either one is fine with me."

"I think you should join the republic, and agree to this alliance. It will be great for your people, and you won't be disappointed. The Republic is not as corrupt as you may think, but on what you say about slavery, I agree with, and maybe only in that part is the republic in a state of corruption." he says, and Lennon nods her head.

"Anakin, just because what she says about the republic not enforcing laws, does not mean the republic is corrupt. People decide on these matters on whether to make these laws effective." Padmé says, and Lennon looks at her.

"Why do you guys have laws, if you don't enforce them?" Lennon asked, and Padmé stood up from her chair about to say something, but Victoria stood up.

"That is enough bickering. I think we all need some fresh air, and I need a moment." she says looking at them all, "Lennon, please take them out to see the gardens. It may help to calm everyone down a bit." Victoria said with a sigh, and began to walk out of the room.

Lennon nodded, and looked at them, "Come along." she says.

They all began to follow her, and once they all arrived out in the gardens, they were awestruck.

"The atmosphere is very calming." Obi-Wan said, and Lennon nodded.

"It has that affect on people, when they come here. These flowers are
the Blartree Blossoms. And those ones where Obi-Wan is standing, are the Climbing ferns." she says, her tone was like a teacher who is tired of listening to the children, like a business sort of tone.

Padmé walked over to a bush, and look at a flower she has never seen before, "Lennon, what are these types of flowers?" she asked, and Lennon walks over to her.

"Those are our pride and joy. Those flowers are Roses." she says in a matter of fact tone.

Obi-Wan and Anakin looked at the roses, perplexed. They didn't look like roses, they were all different colors; sizes; and shapes. On a different bush, some of them were even heart shaped.

"Never in my life have I seen a turquoise rose before. And look! This one is black, and those ones over there are purple!" Padmé says awestruck.

Lennon's mood changed a little bit, but her tone didn't change, "The blue roses symbolize peace and loyalty, we give those flowers to other Queens and senators when they come, so they know that we're at peace with them." Lennon says, and then she points at the black ones, "The black roses symbolize elegance, but also mean death. We mostly use those at funerals. And the purple one, symbolize royalty, and nobility. We give those to noble people." she says, and then she walks over to the heart shaped pink ones, "Now these symbolize love. The men on Foe, use these flowers to tell a woman that they love them very dearly. When they're to afraid to tell someone that they love them, they give her or him this flower." Lennon says admiring the flowers.

Anakin stared at Lennon; he couldn't help it. Lennon looked over at Anakin, and he was staring at her, she felt this feeling inside her, that she hasn't felt before.

Lennon stood up straight, and looked at the three of them, "Come along." she said, and they all followed her through the garden.

Some of the townspeople began walking up to Lennon, "Hello, Lennon!" most of them said, and Lennon would reply, "Hello! How are you?" her tone would instantly change towards the townspeople, but with the two Jedi and Padmé, her tone was curt.

Anakin noticed her sudden change in tone, so he decided to confront her about it, "M'lady, I'm not trying to be rude, or anything but, why are you so hostile towards us?"

Lennon continued walking through the garden, "You do not understand, I know that the Republic is a corrupted place. I know that the Republic will do no good out here on Foe, in my opinion, I think the Foe is better off without the Republic." she said. Lennon knew she could go on about this for hours, but her sisters words kept playing in her mind, "Be mindful. Keep a clear mind, and me mindful, like you were taught."

But Anakin knew the princess had more she would like to say, he knew from experience that sometimes you should just keep things to yourself. So he decided to ask her anyways, "Lennon, I know you have more to say, so just say it. Why are you so hostile towards us?" he asked yet again.

"Alright. well. you asked for it. The Senate and the Jedi are very selfish, and are greedy. Including the Senators." Lennon said getting straight to the point.

Both Obi-Wan and Anakin had a look of pure shock on their faces, while Padmés hands dropped to her sides, "Woah, woah, woah! Wait a second here, how would you know what the Republic is like if you've never been?" Padmé asked, and all of their eyes landed back on Lennon.

"My mentors and I were disguised and went to the Republic. We ventured out to where the republic had 'laws' and found nothing but slavery, unbalanced social structures, and poverty." she said looking at the two men, and then at the senator, whom all had confused looks on their faces. "Let me dumb it down, basically, only the rich thrive and are protected, while the poor have to fend themselves, and are left to rot." Lennon says in a 'quite frankly' tone.

Obi-Wan was looking at the ground running his fingers through his beard, what he usually did when he was deep in thought.

Padmé was speechless, and had nothing to say to that, but Anakin walked forward to Lennon, "Not all Republicans, or Senators are like that. For example, Padmé is a great Senator, and sometime you should go to Naboo, and see how well she runs things there." he says. "But I promise that once we get back from our mission, Padmé, Obi-Wan, and I will look into these things." Anakin said, handing a flower to Lennon.

Lennon was quite speechless, this has never happened before, "Oh, I uh, thank you." she said stuttering a little bit, and began to blush, and this made Anakin smile, it made him happy deep down.

Suddenly, one of Lennon's guards started walking towards her, "M'lady, one of your workers would like you to stop by the Organization." he said, and Lennon patted his shoulder, "Thank you, tell them I will be there at once." She told the guard and he nodded, leaving the princess, and the visitors.

Lennon turns back towards them, "Would you like to come along, and check out the organization?" She asked the three of them, and all three said yes simultaneously.

_____________________________________

Word Count: 1,395

Thank you guys for reading, don't forget to comment what you guys think. I'm thinking of setting up an update schedule for each of my books, so that I can update in all of my books. Also quick question do you guys like Teen Wolf or the Vampire Diaries? I am currently working on and setting up a Teen Wolf book, which won't be published or put out until at least May or June, so let me know if you guys would be interested in reading that... (There will be 6 books to the Teen Wolf, because there are 6 seasons. maybe)

Also, please go check out my Star Wars Imagines book, and my Poe Dameron X-Reader, and let me know what you think of those. And if you like Marvel, go check out my Marvel books, and thank you guys for reading!

~ChewBecca and freedomgirl321

(Sorry for not updating, next chapter should be up in a few hours!)