11: Rescue

《Unedited, but enjoy!》
Harry's pov

"Thanks, Tyler, I owe you man."

"Dude, it's no problem, that's my job remember?"

I hang up the phone with my best tech guy. Tyler used to work in the government in the technology department, but he got in trouble for... let's just say something that wasn't exactly legal.

On the run from the government, he happened to stumble upon me. I took him in against Theo's wishes, and now he's one of the best among us.

I look up to almost half of my entire gang. "Okay, everyone listen up." The room immediately falls silent. "Tyler tracked the device in Ellie's necklace. Remember, this is not only a rescue mission, but this is also an opportunity to wipe out a majority of the Demons. Understand?" Everyone cheers and roars in anticipation.

Niall speaks up, a certain glint in his eye, "So, everyone dies right?"

I roll my eyes, "Obviously, dumbass. As long as it's not Ellie or Zayn, every single one of these pricks dies."

Roxy stands up suddenly. "I call dibs on Theo."

I think about telling her that I'm the one who should kill Theo, but considering what Theo did to her... she deserves to kill that bastard.

"Alright, fine. Just make sure that you actually kill him this time." I take my eyes away from her cold gaze and face everyone else. "Let's get ready to roll out."

***
Ellie's pov

I'm not sure what time it is.

In this room there are no windows, so Zayn and I don't know whether it's day or night. I'm hungry but I'm too embarrassed and angry to receive food from Liam. Plus it's probably poisoned like Zayn said.

I look at Zayn who's slumped over in the chair, from blood loss. I can't tell if he's asleep or if he's passed out again. I'm worried about his leg because even though it's set, his jeans are caked with dark blood.

"Zayn, wake up. Zayn." I don't bother whispering anymore.

I call his name again but he doesn't respond. Frowning I look down at my tied hands and bare feet to see if it's possible to get closer to him.

Each of my arms is tied tightly to the arms of the chair. The only thing I can do is wiggle my fingers. My legs are also tied to the legs of the chair, but my feet are free to move.

Gathering what strength I have left, I use my feet to push myself closer to Zayn.

Surprisingly, it works although the process is slow.

After a while, I'm finally close enough to Zayn where I can talk without almost yelling.

Up close, I wince at Zayn's purple and black wounds. I can only imagine how I look. I study his chest closely. When I notice it rising and falling rapidly, I breathe out a sigh of relief. He's alive at least.

Relaxing in my chair a bit, I look up at the black ceiling. How did I get here? I've always considered myself a semi-normal person, so how did I get tied up, literally, in this mess? Harry's face flashes in my mind but I shake my head. It's not his fault. If only I wasn't so willing to drag him into my apartment, to help him out.

Wait.

Liam helped me too. Did Liam know who Harry was? If he did, why did he help me? Why didn't he try to get me away from Harry?

I'm getting too far ahead of myself. Maybe Liam has never seen Harry before and he was just acting as a best friend would.

I'm not sure what to believe anymore. I dont know who to believe anymore. My mind is so mixed up... is there anyone I can trust?